Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Deals. Cruise Questions and Answers! > Ask CruiseMates Staff
Register Forgot Password?

Ask CruiseMates Staff Got a question? Our staff will do its best to help.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 18th, 2004, 08:26 PM
Beginner

Default Mexican Riviera, with Carnival "Pride": Right for

I have never been on a cruise before, and neither have any of the other three people in my group. The group consists of two 21's and two 22's, all friends and all guys. Obviously, we are looking for sunny spots and the price is a major concern. We have found a deal with Carnival and it is Oct 24th to Oct 31st, and goes to Cabos, Mazatlan, and Puerto V. Are these destinations good for my age group? And is this ship ideal for my age group?

We want to spend _all_ of our time at the ports, and will limit the "sleep-in". We do want to enjoy the liquor, given, however due to leaving ports early having a great nightlife on the boat itself seems important. Also, are tips and alcohol going to become a major expense over port expenitures? We live in Calgary, and consist of students and construction workers so our money is tight.

It seems like a great idea, however I am unsure of the "pick" as far as age and activities go on and off board the boat. Any information would be great! Thanks.

Ryan
Sponsored Links
Old July 20th, 2004, 07:18 PM
JImeeee4

Default Re: Mexican Riviera, with Carnival "Pride": Right

You have chosen the right ship! They don't call them the fun ships for nothing. My Biggest concern was BINGO. I don't play and resented the three or four games they made us sit thru before the "must attend" presentations telling us where to shop, minimum tipping recommendation, etc, etc. (where they get a commission) Don't miss the 'giggling marlin' or 'Sr frogs' Beware tho, they will sell you tickets for a end of cruise money drawing....which never happens.
Old July 20th, 2004, 09:07 PM
Admiral

Location: Wisconsin....about 100 miles south of the Frozen Tundra and 70 miles east of Camp Randall
Send a message via AIM to Lisa Send a message via Yahoo to Lisa

I think you have a winner here..............Sammy Hagar's Cabo Wabo in Cabo San Lucas is a must do for you, I think..........Puerto Vallarta is a great place to go - there are places on the Malecon for you to go....Mazatlan, take a tour or cab to the Golden Zone (the ship docks on the opposite side of the city from the tourist zone) - and have fun there that day. As for your age group, I think this is the perfect ship for you (not my first choice but have been on a sister ship to the Pride (the Legend) and it is a very nice ship with great areas to party!

Old July 20th, 2004, 09:10 PM
Admiral

Location: Wisconsin....about 100 miles south of the Frozen Tundra and 70 miles east of Camp Randall

BTW - tips would be $10 per person per day charged to your shipboard account. Drinks are kind of expensive on board, but if you like beer, they do sell buckets of Corona out on the pool deck......and check out the drinks of the day listed in your Carnival Capers. You can also smuggle some liquor on board, but don't be blatant about it.....pack it in your checked luggage and make sure it is only one or two bottles per person....they usually overlook that amount. There should be a mini fridge in your stateroom (have the room steward unlock it and empty it out so you can put your stuff in it.....)

Old July 21st, 2004, 09:06 AM
L&S80

Ummmmm......not to put a damper on your fun.....but don't you have to be 25 to book a cruise on Carnival???? Just a thought....you might want to check that out......

Sharon
Old July 21st, 2004, 11:51 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Harry Martin

I was just thinking that too -- check the Carnival web site for FAQ.

Harry

[b]Get Lei'd!
Old July 21st, 2004, 12:55 PM
SharB

Here's a cut-and-paste from the Carnival Web Site:

How old do you have to be to travel alone?

Guests are required to be 21 years old (on embarkation day) to travel. Guests under the age of 21 must be accompanied in the same stateroom by a parent or guardian 25 or older. The exceptions Carnival will make to this policy are:

1) Parents that are traveling with their children in different staterooms. The bookings must be cross-referenced and documented that they are parents and children traveling together.

2) Grandparents that are traveling with their grandchildren in different staterooms. The bookings must be cross-referenced and documented that they are grandparents and grandchildren traveling together.

3) Married minor couple. The booking must be documented that the couple is married. The couple must have proof of marriage at embarkation or they will be denied boarding without the benefit of a refund.

4) Domestic Partners/Same-Sex Union minor couple. The booking must be documented that the couple are legal Domestic Partners/Same-Sex Union. The couple must have legal proof of partnership/union at embarkation or they will be denied boarding without the benefit of a refund.

Guest ages will be verified at embarkation. Guests not conforming to this policy will be denied boarding and assessed a 100% cancellation penalty. NO exceptions will be made at embarkation.

The Group policy is slightly different because of stricter group terms and conditions including mandatory chaperones, damage deposits and other considerations.
Old July 21st, 2004, 02:02 PM
Admiral

Looks like they should be ok.......

Old July 21st, 2004, 02:40 PM
Beginner

Default Re: Re: Mexican Riviera, with Carnival "Pride": Ri

About the age thing, we are booking this through a Vacation package deal that one of our parents has. Great price, and we already checked into age restrictions, unfortunately thats why our 20 year old friends cannot come along.
Old July 22nd, 2004, 02:29 PM
isabelle

Does anyone know how much those Calgary boys can drink!!! It might be a problem.
Ryan we are on the same cruise as you, so wear your white stetsons and we'll be looking for ya.
Okanagan Valley