Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Deals. Cruise Questions and Answers! > Ask CruiseMates Staff
Register Forgot Password?

Ask CruiseMates Staff Got a question? Our staff will do its best to help.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 6th, 2002, 10:38 AM
Passenger

Default Looking for a site that gives you commission for booking you

I remember seeing a sight but I can't remember the address.
Anyone know of such a place?
I know that it's as low as 3% but I wouldn't mind since I am doing all the work for our cruise of 12 friends. I talked to a local travel agent about maybe getting a perk through them if I let them book our hotel rooms and airfare etc. He told me he would charge us $10 each additional for ticketing our airline tickets, I don't understand this! Why would he charge more if I do the work? There are 12 of us traveling. I would think he would be happy to make the gimme commission. Then the hotel rooms for before and after the cruise should have made him happy. All these new customers and the commission on top of it? All I wanted from him was maybe a free month tanning at his tanning salon $25 value. I didn't even get that far to ask him about that. Maybe he thought I was looking for a upgrade or something?
Anyways if you know of a site that gives you commission for booking your own travel arrangements please let me know.
Thanks
Sponsored Links
Old September 6th, 2002, 12:39 PM
David Starkey

Default Re: Looking for a site that gives you commission for booking

If you book a dozen cabins on a particular sailing...some cruise lines will give youa free cabin because you got a "group" together......Depends on the demand for your particular ship and the date you are sailing(peak demand ect or low season and they have a lot of unsold cabins)......if nothing else you should be able to get a"group rate "and that should save you and the others more money.
Old September 6th, 2002, 01:41 PM
Passenger

Default Thanks David but I'm not worried about the cruise price

I'm looking for a site that will give you a percentage of commission, if you book your own air, hotel, etc. Our cruise is an amazing deal so I'm not worried about saving on that. Plus we don't have enough people for a group discount we only got 5 or 6 cabins for the 12 of us since there are some families going too.
Thanks Anyways
Old September 6th, 2002, 02:09 PM
Admiral

Never have heard of such an arrangment ... doesn't mean that it doesn't exist.

Be happy with your great cruise deal, book your own air and hotel, and pay that $25 for the tanning parlor !!

Old September 11th, 2002, 05:30 PM
First Mate

Ta`s all charge for booking airline tickets now, they no longer receive commission from the airlines and the hotel commission is extremely low......jean
Old October 8th, 2002, 06:28 PM
Passenger

Default Re: Re: Looking for a site that gives you commission for boo

A good travel agent would help you promote a group to get that cabins sold so you can get a free person.

The airline do not givs any commision now so the fees, every agancy is charging. Most travel agents are grateful for any business but we do a lot of work too. You make it sound like we should pay you for your business. I know od agencys that charge cruise fees as well. Ta's work very hard at what they do. But we also give people perks if they put a group together for us. Free person, upgrades, no fees, ammenities in your cabin and etc. if you have any questions you can email me.

Bethany
Sierra Travel Servicejean wrote: