Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Deals. Cruise Questions and Answers! > Ask CruiseMates Staff
Register Forgot Password?

Ask CruiseMates Staff Got a question? Our staff will do its best to help.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 19th, 2002, 02:29 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Crowne Plaza Miami??????

Hi my TA has recommended the Crowne Plaza in Miami, for our pre and post stays. I have not seen anything posted about this hotel. Any suggestions or advice would be GREAT. Thanks, Stephanie
Sponsored Links
Old September 21st, 2002, 10:56 AM
Admiral

Default Re: Crowne Plaza Miami??????

Hi, Steph! We Arizonans have to stick together! I have looked on Crowne Plaza's website, and they only list Miami Beach and the Airport, but I have read on another board that there is one in downtown Miami. I wonder why I can't find it on their website. Do you know the address of the one your TA recommends?

Jose and I like to stay at the Best Western Marina Park right on Biscayne Blvd It's right across from Bayside Marketplace, a delightful outdoor "mall" with fun shops and great restaurants, right on the water of Biscayne Bay. You can just walk across the street from the Marina Park to Bayside. Last time, post-cruise, we took a 2 or 3 hour boat tour of Miami harbor, and saw a lot of neat stuff, including the beautiful homes of the rich people who live right on the water. It was fun, and we got to see the beautiful Carnival Pride, which we had just disembarked, as we cut across through the turning basin, headed back to the Bayside Marina.

If you ask for a room on one of the top floors, you can see the ships at the pier from your room. They know which floors have the view. I call the hotel directly to book (305-371-4400) and I ask, "Is that the very best rate you can give me?" Sometimes I get another $10.00 or so off, but it's always a better rate than calling the 1-800 number.

When is your cruise? What ship? What itinerary? Let me know if I can answer any other questions.

jennifer
Old September 21st, 2002, 11:12 AM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: Re: Crowne Plaza Miami??????

Hi Jennifer,
I will contact TA Monday, as I am not sure which one she is recommending? I will look into Best Western as well. We are on the Navigator June 7th- We are trying to plan everything that we can now. Thanks for your help. Stephanie (fellow Zonie)
Old September 22nd, 2002, 07:07 PM
Dayna

Default Re: Re: Re: Crowne Plaza Miami??????

Hi, we sailed on the NCL Sun last January, and flew down to Miami the day before. We stayed at the Biscayne Bay Marriot. It is a beautiful hotel with great rooms, great service and great views of the ships at port in the morning. We had a balcony room, which was great that first night. We opened a few of the small bottles of wine in the fridge and toasted to a great start to our family vacation while the kids slept inside. It was beautiful.
They also have a great restaurant. Hope this gives you another option.
Old September 22nd, 2002, 10:15 PM
Cruise Maniac

Thanks Dayna, I am in the early stages right now, I have wrote down your advice and will look into it further......Thanks Stephanie
Old September 23rd, 2002, 02:09 PM
Carole Dunham

Default Re: Re: Crowne Plaza Miami??????

The Crowne Plaza in downtown Miami has gone through several hotel chains since it was the Crowne Plaza. It's now the Rennaisance and is being upgraded to Rennaisance standards.

Carole
Old October 1st, 2002, 09:27 PM
First Mate

*L8inAZ:

Think Crowne Plaze is a Holiday Inn property - why not call 1-800-Holiday - they might have some good suggestions for you. Ask about ' free shuttle' transfers.