Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Deals. Cruise Questions and Answers! > Ask CruiseMates Staff
Register Forgot Password?

Ask CruiseMates Staff Got a question? Our staff will do its best to help.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 18th, 2004, 07:52 AM
S.E. Newhouse

Default European river cruises

My wife and I are interested in European river cruises, and receive mailings from Vantage travel that appear to offer very attractive trips. Does anyone have experience with European river cruising and / or with Vantage travel? Comments?
Sponsored Links
Old July 18th, 2004, 10:03 AM
Admiral

Default Re: European river cruises

Our good cruising friends, Val and Mike, have done two of these trips and enjoyed them greatly. I trust their opinions.
Old July 18th, 2004, 10:51 AM
Parrot Mom

A friend has not stopped raving about the river trip she took on the Amadeus/Symphony barge... she is planning on doing their Rhine trip next year. The brge (brand new) held 150 people and she proposed to the pastry chef, but he declined..lol....
Old July 18th, 2004, 05:30 PM
cruisingkandJ

I've been looking into a river boat cruise in the South of France. If you have not done so, please look into travel with Grand Circle. I compared their South of France cruise with that of Uniworld and thought that Grand Circle was best.

I also have in-laws who will take the Uniworld cruise in August. I'll be very interested in what they have to say.

J.
Old July 19th, 2004, 04:55 PM
S.E. Newhouse

Default Re: Re: European river cruises

When I lived in Europe, there were a number of river cruises available through European cruise lines. Downside was limited amentities, including availability of twin beds only. That's one reason why Vantage trips are attractive.

Will check options you suggest. Thanks.