Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Deals. Cruise Questions and Answers! > Ask CruiseMates Staff
Register Forgot Password?

Ask CruiseMates Staff Got a question? Our staff will do its best to help.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 25th, 2002, 08:02 PM
Passenger

Default FLL to Miami transportation?

We (family of 4) are flying in and out of FLL airport next April vacation for the RCCL Voyager cruise out of Miami. Does anyone have any suggestions on a "reasonably" priced, reliable way of getting to/ from FLL to/from Miami? We're flying to FLL the day before the cruise (will get in around 6 pm), and departing FLL around 2 pm the day we return. We couldn't get frequent flyer tickets for the 4 of us in and out of Miami...
The few shuttle services I've called so far are about $100 each way. Seems a little steep...Any suggestions would be very welcome! Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Old September 25th, 2002, 08:39 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna
Default Re: FLL to Miami transportation?

Hi Louise,
You may want to think about just renting a car for the day, should save some money that way.

Message Boards Moderator
Old September 25th, 2002, 08:42 PM
Passenger

Default Re: Re: FLL to Miami transportation?

Is it possible to rent from a car FLL and then leave the car at the Port? I didn't realize there were car rental locations there. Any one have experience with this? I've also heard that cabs are supposedly $50 each way? Thanks again.
Old September 26th, 2002, 05:49 AM
Admiral

Louise:
Does RCCL offer transporation from FLL to MIA? I'm not sure about embarkation, but I am pretty sure that on the last day of the cruise, you could book an excursion that ends at FLL airport. So depending on when your flight is, you might be able to kill sometime before your flight and have transportaton to FLL by chosing an excursion.

RCCL Allure of the Seas - September 18, 2011
Celebrity Eclipse - February 11, 2012:
RCCL Navigator OTS - February 9, 2013
Old September 26th, 2002, 09:31 AM
First Mate

Try tri county Airport Express. You can get a towncar (big enough for 4) for $55. They are located right outside of baggage claim at FLL. You can make arrangements with them in advance or just walk out to the desk and they will have a car ready. Their number is 800.244.8252 or floridalimo.com. I'm sure you could make arrangements for them to pick you up also. I hope this helps!!
Old September 26th, 2002, 09:43 AM
AR

Here's how the car thing works:

Rent a car at FLL and drive to the Port of Miami. Maybe 30-40 minutes. There are several agencies right at the port. Avis is there, along with some others but I forget which. Check online. Drop off the car, hop in the van and they'll take you to the ship.

AR
Old September 30th, 2002, 03:07 PM
First Mate

AR - there are no longer any car rental agencies at the pier but most of them will shuttle you there for free from their closest office or the MIA airport after you drop off the car.
Old October 1st, 2002, 09:10 AM
TomS

Check out Tri-County Airport Express at www.floridalimo.com. I think they charge $15/person one-way to go from FLL to Dodge Island (Port of Miami). I don't think you need a reservation. Just track down one of their kiosks at FLL.

You might also consider purchasing the transfers directly from Royal Caribbean. The cost for this should not be more than $15 to $20 per person one-way.

They have long since closed the car rental counters at the Port of Miami, although some do have offices in downtowm Miami, a short cab ride to the port. Some do offer shuttle service from Miami International Airport to the Port of Miami, too.

TomS
Old October 1st, 2002, 09:23 PM
First Mate

Default Re: Re: FLL to Miami transportation?

*Louise:

Donna's suggestion is good -but do make sure there are no drop-of charges for the car ......$100.00, if that's for 4 people. does not sound too bad - remember with a car rental, you'll probably also want insurance. Check it out!

Try typing 'MIA/FLL Transfer' into Google, you might come up with some solutions.