Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Deals. Cruise Questions and Answers! > Ask CruiseMates Staff
Register Forgot Password?

Ask CruiseMates Staff Got a question? Our staff will do its best to help.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old October 2nd, 2002, 11:28 PM
MR DOOWOP

Default WHEN SHOULD I RECEIVE MY TRAVEL DOCUMENTS ?

........THIS IS ONLY MY SECOND CRUISE & I BOOKED & PAID FOR IT ( BACK IN MAY 2002 ) THROUGH " YAHOO TRAVEL " ( BEFORE I " DISCOVERED " CRUISEMATES ). I AM CRUISING ON THE NORWEGIAN SUN ON NOVEMBER 30, 2002 & HAVE BEEN TOLD BY YAHOO TRAVEL THAT I WILL NOT RECEIVE MY " TRAVEL DOCUMENTS " UNTIL 7 DAYS BEFORE DEPARTURE ? I AM CONCERNED THAT IF MY TRAVEL DOCUMENTS CONTAIN ANY ERRORS OR ARE DELAYED IN THE MAIL.......I WILL NOT HAVE SUFFICIENT TIME BEFORE THE CRUISE TO RESOLVE THESE PROBLEMS. IS IT USUAL " POLICY " OF NORWEGIAN CRUISE LINE TO SEND OUT TRAVEL DOCUMENTS 7 DAYS BEFORE DEPARTURE ? SHOULDN'T I RECEIVE MY TRAVEL DOCUMENTS WELL IN ADVANCE OF MY DEPARTURE DATE ? IF SO; HOW CAN I INSURE THAT MY TRAVEL DOCUMENTS ARE SENT TO ME AS SOON AS POSSIBLE ?
Sponsored Links
Old October 3rd, 2002, 12:58 AM
First Mate

Default Re: WHEN SHOULD I RECEIVE MY TRAVEL DOCUMENTS ?

From what I understand, it's usually around two weeks before sailing. Sometimes more, sometimes less. That is normal cruise line policy. They may have quoted less to cover their hineys.

If you want to make sure all of the info is correct, just call them and ask what they have on file.

Carnival Spirit to Alaska
Old October 3rd, 2002, 07:25 AM
Admiral

Default Re: Re: WHEN SHOULD I RECEIVE MY TRAVEL DOCUMENTS ?

Yes and if you don't get those docs by 7 preferably 10 days before call and make sure they send them. I have had it happen that where we had the gals in one cabin and guys in the other and they sent the guys docs but ours was "lost". There is enough time to get docs corrected but look over them immediately upon receipt. And yes this is normal altho I am usually told 2-3 weeks but like Denise said they may be CYA.

Golden Princess 12/04
Galaxy 1/04
Elation 2/03
Enchantment of the Seas 4/02
Fantasy 11/01
Triumph 4/01
Sensation 4/97
Old October 3rd, 2002, 09:06 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna
Default Re: Re: Re: WHEN SHOULD I RECEIVE MY TRAVEL DOCUMENTS ?

Mr. doowop,
Yes, usually about 2 weeks before the actual cruise, just keep in touch with your travel agent, they usually will notify you when they get them. If you are doing the cruiseair, they tend to take a little longer to get, but the air arrangements are done about 30 days prior to the cruise, something else your travel agent can tell you before you get the docs. May be a good idea to call him/her around the first of Nov. and see if they can tell you that information.

Do, let us know when you get them, OK?

Message Boards Moderator
Old October 3rd, 2002, 09:58 AM
Yeoman

Send a message via AIM to Auguste

My cruise with Norwegian is on October 25. and got my Doc's. on the first, So about 3 weeks before. You still have plenty of time. Auguste
Old October 3rd, 2002, 08:36 PM
MR DOOWOP

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: WHEN SHOULD I RECEIVE MY TRAVEL DOCUMENTS ?

DONNA...............I have already contacted Yahoo Travel & have been informed that they, in turn, have contacted NCL re: my " concerns " re: receiving my travel documents only 7 days before departure. I have been told that NCL will send my travel documents to Yahoo Travel approximately 30 days before my departure & Yahoo Travel will review my travel documents for accuracy before they are sent to me. I t sounds like it should work; I think ?
Old October 3rd, 2002, 08:44 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna
Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: WHEN SHOULD I RECEIVE MY TRAVEL DOCUMENT

Hi Mr. Doowop,
Sounds like a good plan, things should work out fine. Do let us know when you get your docs and we can all do the doc dance with you :-)

Message Boards Moderator
Old October 8th, 2002, 08:56 AM
First Mate

Default Re: Re: WHEN SHOULD I RECEIVE MY TRAVEL DOCUMENTS ?

Our cruise is Nov 24, and we received our docs directly from RCL last week (Oct 1). We're not using them for our air travel, so as Donna suggested that has something to do with the hold-up. I would encourage you to get Yahoo Travel to have those docs sent directly to you, rather than to them. It seems like a waste of time. We used a travel agent yet our docs came directly to us from RCL. Its always nice to have them sooner than later. Good luck, and happy voyage!
Old October 8th, 2002, 11:22 AM
Admiral

Default Re: Re: Re: WHEN SHOULD I RECEIVE MY TRAVEL DOCUMENTS ?

wow Gloria you may be the exception, not the rule. I have never ever received mine that early and the last cruise I booked directly from RCCL.

Golden Princess 12/04
Galaxy 1/04
Elation 2/03
Enchantment of the Seas 4/02
Fantasy 11/01
Triumph 4/01
Sensation 4/97
Old October 10th, 2002, 07:29 AM
First Mate

Default WHEN SHOULD I RECEIVE MY TRAVEL DOCUMENTS ?

Thanks for letting me know. Since this is my first cruise, I don't want to have the wrong expectation for future cruises (which I'm already planning on!). RCCL has impressed me on everything so far. If my week in the Caribbean can go just as well, I'll consider myself extremely lucky!
Old October 19th, 2002, 01:27 AM
MR DOOWOP

....................IT APPEARS THAT MY REQUEST THAT I RECEIVE MY TRAVEL DOCUMENTS DID NOT GO UNHEEDED BECAUSE TODAY ( 10/18/02 ) ; I RECEIVED MY TRAVEL DOCUMENTS FOR MY 11/30/02 CRUISE ON THE NCL SUN. IT ALSO APPEARS THAT IT WAS TO MY BENEFIT TO OBTAIN MY TRAVEL DOCUMENTS AS EARLY AS POSSIBLE BECAUSE A REVIEW OF THE DOCUMENTS WHICH I RECEIVED TODAY REFLECTED THAT SOMEONE HAD ERRONEOUSLY PLACE A TOUR CODE/PRICE SHEET FOR HAWAIIAN SHORE EXCURSION ON THE NCL STAR IN THE NCL SUN CARIBBEAN SHORE EXCURSION PAMPHLET WHICH I RECEIVED. ALTHOUGH THIS IS ONLY A " MINOR " ERROR.......... IT COULD JUST AS WELL HAVE BEEN A " MAJOR " ERROR..........
Old October 19th, 2002, 09:58 AM
Admiral

Congrats on receiving your documents, Mr. Doowop! Also glad you spotted that error. Now you can sit back, relax, and enjoy your cruise.

Cheers,
Michelle B.

Fantasy Fest in Key West