Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Deals. Cruise Questions and Answers! > Ask CruiseMates Staff
Register Forgot Password?

Ask CruiseMates Staff Got a question? Our staff will do its best to help.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old October 3rd, 2002, 11:20 AM
Donalee

Default Shuttle to port, Miami Hotel

Hi, I was just wondering if anyone knew of a hotel in Miami that offers a shuttle to the port. I have been searching websites and I came accross one that offers shuttle on the weekends, but I forgot the name of the hotel. Also is there a Hotel that offers check in for carnival, or would you have to book directly thru carnival? Thanks, Donalee
Sponsored Links
Old October 3rd, 2002, 04:44 PM
Carole Dunham

Default Re: Shuttle to port, Miami Hotel

It's the Howard Johnson and it has a bad reputation. There are loads of hotels that are quite close to the port so a taxi wouldn't be very expensive.

Carole
Old October 3rd, 2002, 08:58 PM
Beginner

Hello Donalee,
Me and my husband just got back from a Carnival Victory cruise on 09/22/02 (it was our first cruise). We stayed at the Embassy Suites hotel about 20min away from the port of Miami. The address is 3974 NW South River Drive, Miami, FL 33142, the Ph# is 1-305-634-5000. We got a special rate from our travel agent and it cost us $109/night (we only stayed one night). I know they have the free shuttle service but I'm not sure if they will take you to the port of Miami because we had a rental car (I listed the ph# so you could call if you like). It's a really nice hotel. Free complementary breakfast (and I'm not talking about cereal either...the works!), free alcoholic beverages from 5 - 7pm, etc.
Is this your first cruise? If so, I have loads of info for you. I even have an arial shot of the port of Miami, although it makes it look so much simpler than the caos you go through when you're driving through it. :o) If you have any questions, just let me know.
Old October 12th, 2002, 03:08 AM
ventureman

Check out these hotels at

http://www.southbeachgroup.com/index.shtml

I’m staying at the Lily Guest House for $125 to $145 a night.

ON THEIR SITE CHECK OUT THEIR “FREE STUFF” AT THE BOTTOM OF THE PAGE. They have no shuttle to the port but they have a free shuttle to the airport, (Which is much more), free drinks, and free breakfast Youza!

Tell me if this helps, Brian