Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Deals. Cruise Questions and Answers! > Ask CruiseMates Staff
Register Forgot Password?

Ask CruiseMates Staff Got a question? Our staff will do its best to help.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old October 11th, 2002, 08:18 AM
Beginner

Default RCCL wine and dine package

Does anyone know if RCCL still offers a wine and dine package? Saw it offered a few months ago, it allowed you to pay ahead to have a bottle of wine every night with dinner. I can no longer locate it on their website.
Sponsored Links
Old October 11th, 2002, 12:19 PM
Admiral

Default Re: RCCL wine and dine package

If you go to their web site and on the left click on Gift Catalog, then click Special Occasion, then on Wine Cellar you can pre-order a bottle of wine to be delivered to your table on the night you choose. We did this and it worked fine. The wine steward will ask you which wine you would like delivered each night you sit down for dinner.

Regards,
Thomas
Old October 12th, 2002, 02:51 AM
ventureman

Default Re: Re: RCCL wine and dine package

Hi Thomas:

I believe she is talking about a bottle of wine a night. I don't see that in the section you mentioned. I'm curios how to order this also.

But a bottle of wine a night might be too much.

Brian
Old October 12th, 2002, 07:28 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Re: Re: RCCL wine and dine package

You just order 5 bottles, or 6, or whatever. The steward is not going to bring all 6 of them at once!! He knows to bring one each night unless you tell him differently. And since you don't know what you're going to order each night, i.e. meat, fish, pasta, you'll have to tell the steward if you want white zin tonight, or merlot, or chardonnay, or whatever it is that goes with the choice of entree. Believe me, the steward has done this routine before.

Regards,
Thomas
Old October 15th, 2002, 05:08 PM
TNL

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: RCCL wine and dine package

There's also a general alcoholic drink program with RCCL. We're taking the 11-day cruise & it seemed that the cost averaged out to about 5 drinks/day. ... Way beyond the limits for me! It's been a while since I looked at the program, so my numbers may be off. There is a link on the RCCL website.
Old October 15th, 2002, 05:20 PM
First Mate

Thanks, TNL. Never knew about that.

Found it on their web site:

Royal Cocktail Card
The program is available to all guests twenty-one (21) years of age and up and may be purchased at all bars and lounges. This entitles the holder to twelve (12) house/call brand cocktails, domestic beer and house wine by-the-glass.

Exclusions: Premium brand and super premium brand liquors, full bottles of water, liquor and wine, cabin sales. Non applicable to mini bar consumption, room service and Champagne bar.

Charge per card is $39.00 plus a 15% service charge.

That works out to $3.74 a drink or so, not too bad.

Denise
Old October 24th, 2002, 08:36 AM
Ray D

Was on the Explorer on 9-21-02 sailing and we took advantage of the wine package. It was $109.00 plus tip for a bottle of wine at each dinner (7 total). You had a selection from about 10 different types including white, red and sparkling. We ordered it on the first day on the Promenade where a wine steward had a table set up.