Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Deals. Cruise Questions and Answers! > Ask CruiseMates Staff
Register Forgot Password?

Ask CruiseMates Staff Got a question? Our staff will do its best to help.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 17th, 2004, 08:00 PM
First Mate

Default Formal Nights - Where can I get date info?

How can I find out what specific dates formal nights are?

I love the specialty restaurants, but do not want to make a pre-cruise reservation without knowing which nights are formal nights, since I want to be in the dining room for those.

Can I call Celebrity and they can tell me.

I know my 13-night cruise will have three formal nights, but I need specific dates.

Thanks guys

2005 Millenium, Voyager of the Seas, Jewel of the Seas B2B
2004 Explorer of the Seas, Constellation (Canada/New England)
2003 Horizon (Bermuda), Summit
2002 Explorer of the Seas, Brilliance of the Seas (Caribbean)
Sponsored Links
Old July 18th, 2004, 07:10 AM
Administrator
Admiral

Default Re: Formal Nights - Where can I get date info?

Cruz Crazy:
Can you tell us what ship and itinerary you will be on. It will be hard to determine which nights will be formal but they are "generally" on sea days. The first usually on the second sea day. I see that you have a few Celebrity cruises under your belt so and are probably a Captains Club member. Try giving the Captains Club concierge a call. They may be able to give you an idea plus make the reservations for you.

The Celebrity website is down right now so I don't have the Captains Club number handy but you can find it their or on your Captains Club cards and information.

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Old July 18th, 2004, 11:39 AM
AR

It's a 13-night cruise, which means you won't have any trouble getting a reservation in the specialty restaurant even after you board. The only times this becomes an issue is on 7-nighters, where obviously the number of people who can go is roughly half what it will be on your cruise.

So, this means you really have nothing to worry about, no matter what the formal nights are, etc.

Yes, I know that the Captain's Club lets you prebook the specialties, and it's sometimes wonderful to take advantage of this perk.

If you're still worried and feel the need to prebook, why don't you just do it for the first night? Everybody knows that the first night is never a formal night, so you can't lose.

But be assured that even if you prebook and find out later that it's a formal night, you'll be able to change the reservation with no problem. Truly, you will. This is not something to worry about.

Finally, some of us think that formal nights are perfect nights to go to Celebrity specialty restaurants. I think it's no longer true (if it ever was) that the food in the main dining room is substantially better on formal nights.
Old July 24th, 2004, 04:24 PM
First Mate

Thanks Mike and AR, I will give Celebrity Captain's Club a call I have their number.

I know that some formal nights also fall on port days and the 13-night cruise I'm on has three sea days with the last one being the night before we dock.

I like to go to the dining room on the first night to meet our tablemates and the last night to say our goodbyes, so I'll book it another night.

Your are right for a 13-night cruise I'll have plenty of time to get to the specialty restaurant and it probably won't be as crowded as the last megaship I was on. We went one night but couldn't get in for another night.

Yes I do like Celebrity as you can see I have two cruise coming up and I'm waiting for the Oct/Nov/Dec '05 schedule to come out to do a back-to-back on the Summit to the Southern Caribbean.

We did the Eastern Southern Carib last Dec on the Summit and loved it. Now we have talked some die-hard RCL cruisers to try Celebrity and the Summit and they want to join us. I'm trying to convert then over. They are gold members their, so I told them it's time to start a new membership goal on another line.

Thanks again and I'll keep you posted on how this upcoming cruise was.

2005 Millenium, Voyager of the Seas, Jewel of the Seas B2B
2004 Explorer of the Seas, Constellation (Canada/New England)
2003 Horizon (Bermuda), Summit
2002 Explorer of the Seas, Brilliance of the Seas (Caribbean)