CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Ask CruiseMates Staff (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/ask-cruisemates-staff/)
-   -   upgrade changes. (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/ask-cruisemates-staff/241503-upgrade-changes.html)

Bob W November 24th, 2002 09:51 AM

upgrade changes.

Were book for next Sunday, Dec 1st and already have our luggage tags with our cabin number. If we get a last minute uprade, how do we obtain our new tags as cabin changes.

Thanks

Bob W

Donna November 24th, 2002 11:57 AM

Re: upgrade changes.

Hi Bob,
In the event of that happening, they can give you new tags at the pier to fill out, not a problem. Hope you do get a nice upgrade, good luck!

Don G November 25th, 2002 02:40 PM

That's the irritating thing about getting an upgrade. They tear off the tags you have so labiously and clearly printed to slap on new ones you on which you have scribble your new cabin number. Usually it is a new color after you have conditioned yourself for months looking at the original color. After you have memorized every detail of your original room from months of pouring over the brochure, you have to wait through the check in and boarding process to see you new room. The porters and staff don't help by constantly reminding you how much nicer your new room is going to be and how much more you are going to enjoy it.

Upgrades can be traumatic.

CruzNut November 25th, 2002 11:17 PM

You can always request to NOT have any upgrades ... then no problem!

ErnieMCC November 26th, 2002 08:01 AM

Re: Re: upgrade changes.

Janie... you have it exactly right! Can you imagine? Those demanding and selfish monster cruise lines requiring you to retag your luggage after giving you something for nothing??? (LOL)

Chyna November 26th, 2002 08:18 AM

Hmmm...I have my tags that say TBA but I through the Kelly Method found my new cabin assignment, I wonder if I should put what I know to be my cabin number on the tags?
Chyna

mbuckellew November 26th, 2002 09:18 AM

I don't think so, Chyna... it's still possible that it could change at the very last minute. Besides, being the superstitious sort, I would think that writing the cabin number would jinx it, and you'd be downgraded back to an 11!

Cheers,
Michelle B.

Chyna November 28th, 2002 04:02 PM

Michelle,
Most excellent point! But I sure hope not! LOL I won't write anything on them, just to be "safe." lol
Just nine more days and I will find out.
Chyna

drl November 30th, 2002 04:22 PM

If you don't know your cabin number until you check in at the pier, does that make it impossible to use the porters at the port? Do you then end up giving you luggage to the criuse line people inside?

Donna November 30th, 2002 06:00 PM

Hi Drl,
By the time you get to the pier, you can have the pier people check the manifest for your cabin number, then the proper tags with the cabin number will be put on your luggage for the porters to take onboard.

Don G November 30th, 2002 09:33 PM

Everyone seems to have a room assignment sheet. The security guards that clear you onto the property, the porters and the folks in the terminal. The porters have a pocket full of blank luggage tags. Last one we dealt with (Disney) handed me a sharpie to change the room number on my tags. It all works out. They've done it before.

Only bad moment was that I was convinced I had been DOWN graded until I got inside and looked at the deck plan. They said they have to put up with that a lot.

nushnakka December 6th, 2002 06:25 PM

I don't recall your stating what cruise line you are with but here's what happened to us last year on Carnival Triumph. We had 2 inside cabins booked in midship side by side. We got to the pier and gave our luggage to the porters 1st. Then we proceeded to embark. When we turned in our paperwork we were advised 1 cabin was upgraded to outside view at the front of the ship last floor. I inquired about the luggage not getting to us and we were assured that they know we got a new room and we would get our luggage. Guess where our luggage went? If you guessed to our original cabin assignment you were correct! It's a good thing we checked back. In other words they don't know so understand the process and be prepared.