Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Deals. Cruise Questions and Answers! > Ask CruiseMates Staff
Register Forgot Password?

Ask CruiseMates Staff Got a question? Our staff will do its best to help.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old December 14th, 2002, 07:32 PM
Sue Sue

Default Back to Back Cruise Questions?

My husband are booked on the Paradise for two week back to back in March. We have the same cabin for the 2 week trip and we have a few questions as this is the first time we have ever done this.
1) Are we able to stay in our cabin when we come in to port after the first week?
2) Will our alcohol purchaes be delivered to us after the first week or will they be held until the end of the second week?
3)If we debark in Miami after the first week we believe our belongings will remain on board just like going into any port.
4)Are we required to depark between trips?
5)If /When we debark will we be required to check in at general check in or can we be expedited somehow?

Any other suggestions or advice?

We don't mind waiting, following rules and Carnival policy and don't require anything special that we don't either pay for or are entitled to, we just are interested in some of the in's and out's.
Sponsored Links
Old December 14th, 2002, 07:49 PM
Yeoman

Default Re: Back to Back Cruise Questions?

Great questions. Will be interesting to see if you get a response from someone who knows the answer and isn't guessing.
Old December 14th, 2002, 09:53 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

Sue on back to backs all you have to do is check in at the Purser's Desk on the day the rest of the ship is debarking.
If you have the same cabin for both.. nothing in your cabin will have to be moved.
If you choose to get off for the day (but you don't have to), you won't have to do anything, but go through security again.

Sorry, I don't know about the alcohol question.... but my assumption is they will hold it for you, unless some slips up and doesn't notice you're doing back to backs <G>

Regards,
Kuki

- The Kuki Side of Cruising-
A new Blog post every Wednesday
http://www.cruisemates.com/blog/author/kuki/
Old December 14th, 2002, 10:15 PM
Sue Sue

Thanks Kuki; I guess the Purser's will have dining room assignment and new Sail and Sign cards?
Old December 16th, 2002, 05:30 AM
Admiral

Sue,
I don't know what kind of suggestions/advice you'll get on this thread, but you raise some interesting questions. We've taken the two cruises (Eastern/Western) on Paradise, but never back to back. However, I would make 2 suggestions: 1. I'd stay on the ship unless told otherwise by Carnival; and 2. I'd visit with the U.S.Customs inspectors who come on board in Miami around 6:30-7:00 am (they usually set up in the library), tell them you're sailing back to back, and ask them if there's anything special that you should do to comply with their regulations. Once the ship enters the port of Miami, you see, all on board fall under Customs' jurisdiction. By talking with them, you CYA nicely. It's worth the early-morning effort, I believe. Happy cruisin'!

Jack
Old December 16th, 2002, 07:32 AM
Carol & Richard

Hi,

Being from the UK, we have done a couple of back-to-back cruises (one NCL, one Celebrity), as it's hardly worth the 9 hour + flights for just a week.

In both cases, we were in the same room, and left our belongings as normal, just like any other port of call.

We had a new table assignment for the second week, which was delivered to our cabin as usual. (You have to remember to do your waitstaff tips halfway through your holiday, as well as at the end).

One trip (San Juan), we left the ship to look at the town, and just reembarked like at a normal port, the other trip we stayed on board, partly because it's wonderful having such a big toy almost to yourself for a few hours. In both cases, it was our choice - there didn't seem to be any rules.

Can't help you with the alcohol questions - we don't have the transatlantic flight luggage weight allowances to be able to bring our own.

Hope this helps,

Richard