Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Deals. Cruise Questions and Answers! > Ask CruiseMates Staff
Register Forgot Password?

Ask CruiseMates Staff Got a question? Our staff will do its best to help.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old December 31st, 2002, 09:11 AM
cricket55

Default Cozumel-safe to eat/drink?

Can you please tell me how safe it is to eat and drink aboard the tour boats that RCCL have booked for shore excursions in Cozumel. I notice they mention free margaritas (which I would assume are made from local water (ice) and salsa/chips etc. Does the cruise line provide the ice or water or is everything served on the snorkeling boat tour from local providers?
Sponsored Links
Old December 31st, 2002, 09:24 AM
Admiral

Default Re: Cozumel-safe to eat/drink?

Hi, Cricket ...

I assume the local providers do the food and drink. The water on Cozumel is very safe. The margaritas may not be But not for reasons of local ice.

Old December 31st, 2002, 09:27 AM
Admiral

the tours thru the ship are pretty safe. The cruise lines will only use reputable vendors. We didn't have any problems with" Montazuma's Revenge" on our tour. Its the street vendors and some local cafes that you have to be very careful about. Alcoholic drinks are pretty safe, the alcohol pretty much will kill any bacteria that might be lingering in the ice.
Old December 31st, 2002, 01:31 PM
Admiral

It is not likely you will have a problem with anything served. I would not drink water, (get bottled) . I like to stick to bottled beer and bottled soda (Coca Cola) and stay away from
water and or ice in my glass. I have never heard of anyone having a problem with prepared foods (salsa) or chips. I would skip buying food from street vendors or pushcarts .