Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Deals. Cruise Questions and Answers! > Ask CruiseMates Staff
Register Forgot Password?

Ask CruiseMates Staff Got a question? Our staff will do its best to help.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 3rd, 2003, 02:59 PM
First Mate

Default i-cruise/orbitz

Has anyone used this internet links. Are they reliable. Any bad experience with them.
Sponsored Links
Old February 3rd, 2003, 03:10 PM
Admiral

Default Re: i-cruise/orbitz

I have used orbitz for a long weekend vacation which included airfare and for airfare for my next cruise. They have contacted me twice already with airline schedule changes for my April Cruise. We received our vacation packet exactly as they had outlined and were even contacted at home and work for the best address to mail the overnight packet to with no additional charge. There office is located about 15 minutes from my office, too. When I found a decent airfare and flight schedule on Travelocity back in December, by the time I got back on line with my CC, the fare was gone and up almost $50pp. I jumped to Orbitz and got exactly what I wanted.

Bon Voayge
Old February 3rd, 2003, 05:24 PM
Admiral

I have'nt read anything bad about them....but have priced Celebrity there and found their prices to be the same as the celebrity website.

Old February 3rd, 2003, 05:31 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Re: i-cruise/orbitz

I've used both and found Orbitz to be decent with air fares. I-cruise.com has not been the best for pricing cruises but I continue to use them for comparison.

I've not tried Orbitz for cruising though. And, the best price is not always the best value. For cruising I stick with my TA who I can drive to see if I must. And he always hand delivers my documents to me as well as treating us to a bottle of wine our first night at dinner.

Regards,
Thomas
Old February 3rd, 2003, 07:57 PM
Passenger

I always use expedia.com for air and hotels and auto, now this time I used them to book out cruise for Feb.23, got a nice price for a balcomy suite and airfare. Docs were sent to me with more that a month in advance with the flight sch. already on. Every was correct and done with no problems. Thats my expericne, they also have a customer service that you can actually talk to someone with out being one hold for very long who knows what hes talking about. They have a user friendly website thats has lots of infomation on all kinds of travel. Buck
Old February 3rd, 2003, 11:23 PM
Admiral

Hi I have used Orbitz for my last 4 for cruises-- for the airfare that is--- have done e tickets and paper tickets-- Somehow for me I always find the best fare and travel times----and just added my 5 airfare for my March 17th sailing on the Brilliance-- I went cheap and am flying in and out of FLL rather than Miami---- dont mind saving over a hundred dollars plus that I can use on my cruise.
Cheers
April--- I use Priceline too-----
Old February 11th, 2003, 09:27 AM
David Starkey

Default Re: Re: i-cruise/orbitz

Have used orbitz to purchase airline tickets often, and I think they usually do an excellent job at getting a low airfare. The cruises that I have priced have been about the same $ as most cruiseline web sites(celebrity and rcl). I can't see booking with orbitz if the cruise line is the same price.( I can handel the details)