Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Deals. Cruise Questions and Answers! > Ask CruiseMates Staff
Register Forgot Password?

Ask CruiseMates Staff Got a question? Our staff will do its best to help.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 10th, 2003, 01:57 PM
martinimomma

Default I want late seating/THEY want early seating!!!!

What to do? Thursday, I am traveling with my hubby and another couple (friends of hubby's). Other couple wants early dining (saying they are not worth much after 8pm or so). We are used to late seating, but have also signed up for early seating for them. We're only on 4 night sailing, and this is my 50th birthday gift from hubby.
How can I get early eaters to move to later dining???? My husband says go with the flow and make this good trip for them, I say the he&$ with them, make this a good trip for me!!!! HELP? Other than dis them for dinner, any ideas?
Sponsored Links
Old February 10th, 2003, 02:23 PM
Luci

Default Re: I want late seating/THEY want early seating!!!!

You can choose personal choice dinning if you are on Princess. Just reserve the table for the whole week and show up at whatever time you want. Show up for dinner at 7p.m. instead of 6p.m. or 8p.m. which is traditional dinning.

If you are going on the Mercury ship it is best for early dinning because late dinning will last til 9:30P.M. OR 10P.M.

Choose what is best for you!! Even if it means splitting up for dinner. Everybody will still have a great time. I don't think you should sacrific yourself. Everybody is equal and should have equal rights to having fun.
Old February 10th, 2003, 02:43 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna
Default Re: Re: I want late seating/THEY want early seating!!!!

I myself also prefer the early seating, why not give it a try and see how it goes?? YOu may end up liking it, gives you more time after dinner for shows, gambling, dancing, etc.

However it turns out, have a wonderful time!

Message Boards Moderator
Old February 10th, 2003, 03:50 PM
Admiral

I like your idea. The H with them.
Old February 10th, 2003, 04:21 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

I'd suggest dumping them, and taking me instead. I'd do late with you to celebrate your birthday <G>

Don't know which ship you're sailing, but you might look at having dinner in the Lido deck restaurant at an in between time. Some lines, like Princess, offer basically the same menu in their Horizon Courts as the dining rooms.

Regards,
Kuki

- The Kuki Side of Cruising-
A new Blog post every Wednesday
http://www.cruisemates.com/blog/author/kuki/
Old February 10th, 2003, 06:54 PM
Admiral

Location: Wisconsin....about 100 miles south of the Frozen Tundra and 70 miles east of Camp Randall
Send a message via AIM to Lisa Send a message via Yahoo to Lisa

Why not bend this once? Then next time you cruise with them, tell them it's your turn this time and they need to try late seating and who knows, they may enjoy it! But for this once, I say give in and keep the peace - it is a shorter cruise. jmho And for what it's worth I've done both and don't mind either...the only thing is that I usually am in the cabin by 11:00pm (can you tell I'm not a party animal?) so I either do things before dinner or after...I just bend my schedule to suit.

Post Edited (02-11-03 19:14)
Old February 10th, 2003, 07:27 PM
Admiral

I'd go with the early dining for the friends. You can dine with them and then be hungry again for the midnight buffet. Isn't that great?

Regards,
Thomas
Old February 11th, 2003, 09:38 AM
Admiral

Default Re: Re: I want late seating/THEY want early seating!!!!

Hmm lots of different opinions....I'd say it's your birthday you should chose but personally we prefer early seating because like Thomas says then you can partake in the midnight buffet but also I would hate to finish dinner that late with the rich food sitting in your belly digesting whilest you sleep. Give the early seating a try or go your own way.
Old February 11th, 2003, 03:13 PM
martinimomma

Default Re: Re: Re: I want late seating/THEY want early seating!!!!

OK, going to do early seating!!! Just means I'll have to have my martini(s) EARLIER!!!!!
Wish I could take all of you with me, be patient, let me win the lotto, and we'll charter the ship!!!! Thanks and smooth sailing while we're gone....
Old February 22nd, 2003, 11:42 PM
Elisa

Now, that's funny! My family has always gone for early seating - and liked it - and we are traveling on the Voyager with another family who wants late seating! We went along with them, but are now having second thoughts....AH WELL! it's always good to try differencet things! I must say, that was one good thing about the Grand Princess - the personal dining option in the main dining room.