Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Deals. Cruise Questions and Answers! > Ask CruiseMates Staff
Register Forgot Password?

Ask CruiseMates Staff Got a question? Our staff will do its best to help.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 16th, 2003, 06:28 PM
Passenger

Default Flight canceled

What happens if your flight is canceled and you get to the pier to late? i just was looking around today and saw that the flight I am taking next Sun.Feb. 23rd to Iah was canceled today because of the storm back east. I am leaving from SFO at 6:30 am but the plane was coming from Newark to Las to SFO then back to Iah, didn't go. As I wil be arriving in IAh at 12:30pm will give us just enough time to get to the pier. I don't think a later flight I would make the emb. What would have happened to me if I had been going today which might have happened? Thanks for any advice, I purchased the air from RCCl with my cruise package. Buck
Sponsored Links
Old February 16th, 2003, 09:25 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Flight canceled

If you get your travel through the cruiseline I 'THINK' that they will send you on to the next port free of charge but please make sure of this. If you book your own flight then I can safely say your are just plain out of luck and it is up to you to catch up to the ship. No refund for missing the boat.
Jim

Old February 17th, 2003, 06:55 AM
Admiral

Default Re: Re: Flight canceled

That is one of the good things about booking air through the cruiseline, but probably the only thing.

For future reference, most people fly to the port the day before the cruise just to make sure there is time for any airline delays.

If you're not too late getting in the ship will wait in port for you. However, if you're going to be considerably late you will be offered to fly to the first port stop on the itinerary and board there.

Regards,
Thomas
Old February 17th, 2003, 09:24 AM
Admiral

Default Re: Flight canceled

This exact scenario happened to about 20 couples (cabins) the day after Christmas to people who booked through a TA/Carnival including air. As you may recall New England got hammered with up to a foot & a half of snow; airports were closed and flights cancelled. People scheduled to leave the next day from NH were bused to Boston where they got on a flight. They were assured by Carnival that the connecting flight would wait for them. They got to point B for the connecting flight to see it taxiing out of the airport! No more flights that day to the embarkation port. Carnival/They would not hold the ship and the first two days were at sea. Needless to say, there were a lot of unhappy cruisers. Bottom line since, they were given a percentage of a refund but not 100% of the cruise & air cost by Carnival. They are also given a percentage off a subsequent cruise.

This is another reason for travel insurance. There are a lot of people right now up and down the East Coast who are or will be stuck at airports. Good Luck.
Old February 17th, 2003, 11:29 AM
Admiral

Default Re: Re: Flight canceled

Travel insurance and we always, always leave a day early. Going home is different but going to the ship we allow plenty of time just in case...