Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Deals. Cruise Questions and Answers! > Ask CruiseMates Staff
Register Forgot Password?

Ask CruiseMates Staff Got a question? Our staff will do its best to help.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 21st, 2003, 11:11 AM
jaypea

Default Dining Partners

Anyone out there willing to share what type of dining arrangements you had for dinner or what worked best for you? We are a family of five (2 adults/3 kids, 7-14 yrs old)

Will we be seated at a table for 6 and stuck all week with a granny travelling by herself? Would they seat us by ourselves, or would we be at a huge table with other families? I don't even know what to wish for!

Thanks for any info!
Sponsored Links
Old February 21st, 2003, 11:21 AM
Admiral

Default Re: Dining Partners

We had a family of 5 and they seated us with 4 other folks. We had a great time and enjoyed each others company. Another we cruised with 5 also and we had a 6 seater table to the 5 of us. So I guess alot of factors come in play when they do the assignment. Personally for the most part I enjoy a large setting and getting to know others but sometimes you do get some jerks but that doesn't happen often.
Old February 21st, 2003, 01:26 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Re: Dining Partners

we always request a large table when we cruise, its fun getting to meet new folks, who knows your tablemates just might become great friends.
Old February 21st, 2003, 04:55 PM
jaypea

Default Re: Re: Re: Dining Partners

Thanks ... we like meeting new people too, so we don't mind sharing our table. I just didn't know how large a group they will seat. I think a big group would be better. I just don't want to babysit a lone cruiser all week long ... unless he looks like Charlie from the Bachelorette! (or is the real Charlie!!!)
Old February 22nd, 2003, 09:18 AM
Admiral

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Dining Partners

They don't put singles by themself with a family that I have seen. They try and match them up with other singles if possible.
Jim