Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Deals. Cruise Questions and Answers! > Ask CruiseMates Staff
Register Forgot Password?

Ask CruiseMates Staff Got a question? Our staff will do its best to help.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 10th, 2003, 08:16 PM
B GALYEN

Default Itinerary

We are planning a Caribbean cruise in August with kids age 13 and 14. What is the best itineraty for this age?

Thanks

Brenda
Sponsored Links
Old March 11th, 2003, 11:26 AM
Admiral

Default Re: Itinerary

B Gaylen, you're question is much to vague for a decent answer. There are so many different options in itinerary that selecting one without knowing what your kids are interested in would be a shot in the dark.

What do your kids like to do? Do they like a lot of activity? Do they like to snorkel? Do they like to rock climb? Do they like to be with other kids? Are they adventurous?

Give us a little more details and I'm sure somebody on this board will be able to help.

Regards,
Thomas
Old March 11th, 2003, 12:30 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Re: Itinerary

I sent you an email because for some reason I was unable to post this morning. My answer was western. Our kids have done both east & west and Bahamas and they highly favor the western iten.
Old March 11th, 2003, 10:26 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Itinerary

There aren't a great many ships that sail the Caribbean in August as that's the heighth of the hurricane season. Of those available, it would probably be best to take the Southern Caribbean cruises. The ages of your children aren't as important as where you would want to cruise at this time of the year. By the way, the hurricane season runs from June 1 till November 30, but the highest times are August and September.

Would suggest you go to a travel agent and pick up the brochures for the Caribbean for the various lines that sail there. You don't have to book with them if you find a better deal but the brochures will help you in your decision making ... and they'll show what's available for teen agers.

I cruise the Emerald Princess, Eastern Caribbean on April 16, 2012