Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Deals. Cruise Questions and Answers! > Ask CruiseMates Staff
Register Forgot Password?

Ask CruiseMates Staff Got a question? Our staff will do its best to help.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 12th, 2003, 11:01 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Australia NZ

My wife and I are booked on the Star Princess for the Jan 3, 2004 Australia/NZ itinerary. It will take a lot of planning, effort, and $$$ as well as a LLooonnnggg flight over and back. Is this trip really worth it? We will probably plan for about 4 weeks including pre and post-cruise stays and travel time. My wife is already getting cold feet and is dreading the flights and jetlag.
If it is worth the effort, any suggestions on don't miss sights or general advice on the trip.

Thanks,
Bop
Sponsored Links
Old March 13th, 2003, 05:39 AM
Admiral

Default Re: Australia NZ

Why don't you stop in Hawaii for a couple of days pre and post to break up the flight?
Old March 13th, 2003, 07:35 AM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: Re: Australia NZ

We are flying from the East coast (VA) and are planning a stop in LA to visit with friends going and coming back. I guess I'll have to drug my wife and have her wake up in Auckland. !

Bop
Old March 13th, 2003, 12:55 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Australia NZ

Very long way and a very long flight but HECK YEAH! If she doesn't want to go with you I'm certainly available! <G> Enjoy, someday we hope to be able to sail those waters.
Jim

Old March 13th, 2003, 01:50 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: Re: Australia NZ

Jim,
If you do come along, in lieu of my wife, I absolutely insist we use the twin bed configuration. !
Seriously, we have traveled fairly widely and have been to some fascinating places but my wife's concern is that there are many closer places to go than Australia/NZ, particularly with the current world situation and the decidedly negative view of Americans by almost everyone. How does this destination stack up to, say the Norwegian fjords or the Italian lake district? What's so doggone good about "Down Under" anyway? Who has actually been there?

Thanks,
Bop
I need to hear from somebody who's actually been there (A/NZ)and can offer a comparison to some