Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Deals. Cruise Questions and Answers! > Ask CruiseMates Staff
Register Forgot Password?

Ask CruiseMates Staff Got a question? Our staff will do its best to help.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 19th, 2003, 06:24 PM
Collina

Default Anyone Use BuyCruises.com?

Just got a quote from BuyCruises.com that is $200 cheaper than anyone else. Are they reliable? Did you have any problems with them? How is there insurance (Travel Guard)? They quoted us $125 for our family of 4...

Thanks! Collina
Sponsored Links
Old March 19th, 2003, 07:52 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Anyone Use BuyCruises.com?

I checked them out. They were hundreds of dollars more than most other discount cruise brokers on June 21 sailing of the Amsterdam, plus those prices were for standard outside, not mini suite. I don't know if other sailings are similar. I would really check a lot of other prices out before you purchase.
Old March 19th, 2003, 08:21 PM
DebbieF

Hi Collina,

I used them when I booked our upcoming VOS 4/6-booked over a year out! They were the least expensive I found then and even now. They also do not charge a fee for cancelling before the 60 day out clause. I have called them over the past year several times and have always had professional reps-no complaints. I got my own insurance online(C.S.A.). I did use their Travel Guard Ins. for my parents so they could have any pre-existing conditions covered(I think they paid $70 or $80 each)
Old March 20th, 2003, 08:58 AM
Admiral

I would also try posting your cruise quote request on the CruiseMates Bargain Finder. The TA's will e-mail you a response, and you can see if any of them are cheaper than Buycruises.com.

Good luck!

Cheers,
Michelle B.

Land Cruise, Britain and Belgium

Old March 21st, 2003, 02:04 PM
Cruise Maniac

One thing to keep in mind is whether port fees are included in the price you are quoted. We used ****************.com, which included port fees - and I also looked at *********.com, which tells you to add 100-200 per person for port fees. Needless to say, this can make a big difference!

"Website names edited due to advertising rules"
Old March 21st, 2003, 02:28 PM
Admiral

I checked my celebrity cruise prices there and found them to be same prices as celebrity website. I went with Celebrity so I CAN CONTROL my cruise.

Old March 21st, 2003, 07:40 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: Re: Anyone Use BuyCruises.com?

Been dealing with buycruises.com for over 1 year now, and find them always the lowest price on any cruise we've inquired about. I've actually met Todd and the others in the So. Florida area as they are located in the area I live in, and they are all very helpful. You can't go wrong booking with them. I've sent many friends to them, and they have always saved them hundreds of dollars. They are very professional and helpful.
Old March 22nd, 2003, 11:14 AM
Admiral

Default Re: Re: Anyone Use BuyCruises.com?

Let me add and explain that NO ONE AGENCY will always have the best price. Shopping around is a good idea as there are many agencies out there that can meet almost any price and sometimes beat them. In addition, remember that the cheapest price is not always the best price. You have to take service and a number of other things into consideration. You may also not recieve the same level of service from thet same agency as you may have a differant TA assigned to you. Basically it all boils down to doing research and figuring out which of maybe two or three agencies you wish to do business with for this cruise and then check out their reputation with others that you know and/or trust.
The naming and recommending of travel agencies is in violation of the rules agaainst advertising so while you may ask about an agency, expect replies in private and not on the board. Also do not respond with the names of agencies that you highly recommend. If we allow that, (and actually I wish we could as it could be helpful), TA's would soon learn this was allowed and some would flood the message boards with fake testimonials about how good they are. It's a shame there are some who do this but a fact of life unfortunately.
Jim