Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Deals. Cruise Questions and Answers! > Ask CruiseMates Staff
Register Forgot Password?

Ask CruiseMates Staff Got a question? Our staff will do its best to help.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 25th, 2003, 05:00 PM
Dick Stein

Default 1-800 number disconnected twice, the horrors

I booked a 2B guarantee on the Celebrity Constellation in November with an agent I had booked with before but he was with a new agency. After making my final payment the !-800 was disconnected. A call to Celebrity got me a new 1-800 number and agent, but they cattered to business travelers and didn't understand my needs. I kept the cruise because I wanted to go and didn't want to lose the deposit. I got my captains club news letter and they had a free custom air offer, I dialed the new 1-800 number and it was disconnected. I called the cruise line again and they gave me a 1-305 number. If this does not work tomorrow. What do I do. I have over $4000 invested in a cruise that leaves in a month. An agent that does not help when I get him. I am at my wits end. I will never deal with a small agency again. Help.
Sponsored Links
Old March 25th, 2003, 06:01 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna
Default Re: 1-800 number disconnected twice, the horrors

Hi Dick,
So sorry to hear about all this missed communication with your travel agent. You may want to to a search of that travel agency on the internet and see if there is a site and or e-mail address and try that?? Worth a try.... can Celebrity help you in this???

You might also try to find out if your docs are on the way shortly, almost time for that??

GOod luck and keep us posted....

Message Boards Moderator
Old March 26th, 2003, 02:32 PM
Admiral

Default Re: 1-800 number disconnected twice, the horrors

Call Celebrity directly and confirm that you are booked and that payment has been made. Then find you a reputable agent that you like and talk to him/her and transfer the booking to him/her. You need a TA that you can talk to and that will look out for your interest. Hint, make sure that whenever you make payment you use a CC and make sure that the payment is made directly to the cruiseline and NOT to the TA. If it is to the TA then cancel it and protest the charge.
Jim