Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Deals. Cruise Questions and Answers! > Ask CruiseMates Staff
Register Forgot Password?

Ask CruiseMates Staff Got a question? Our staff will do its best to help.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 3rd, 2003, 05:05 PM
Jay & Karen

Default Swingers Board

Dear CriuseMates:

I was reading through a few posts today and I saw some reference to swingers here and there. I saw that several people were disgusted having to read these posts and by the lifestyle choices that swingers make. I'm sure some people are disgusted by gay and lesbian cruisers too. To aviod some disgust, the gay and lesbian folks have been given their own little area where they can discuss, meet and plan. Those that are not interested in the gay and lesbian lifestyle can easily aviod their message board. To keep the swingers off of the singles or gay/lesbian board, or anywhere else they're not welcome, can you create a board for them to post, meet and plan? Those who do not want to read, can simply avoid.
Sponsored Links
Old April 3rd, 2003, 06:54 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna
Default Re: Swingers Board

Hi Jay and Karen,
You did bring up a good point, I'll pass your suggestion on....

Thanks,

Message Boards Moderator
Old April 3rd, 2003, 08:12 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

There have been VERY few posts on this topic and I personally believe that does NOT consitute demand for such a forum.

People make lots of choices in life regarding their lifestyles, I don't believe CruiseMates needs a forum for everyones choices.
If so.. I insist on a seperate forum for antler huggers.

- The Kuki Side of Cruising-
A new Blog post every Wednesday
http://www.cruisemates.com/blog/author/kuki/
Old April 3rd, 2003, 08:41 PM
Admiral

I O.D. on my vitamins yesterday--had so much excess energy this morning I ran amok in the trees out back playing Tarzan. Guess I'm a real "swinger ". Yes, Kukui, us swingers need a forum !
Old April 4th, 2003, 07:01 PM
Admiral

Swinging is a lifestyle choice which isn't really that widespread and is not really what most people want their kids exposed to, we are a family type website. Gay/Lesbian is a medical fact of life and accepted that it isn't a choice by almost all scientists. They also make up a pretty significant percentage of regular cruisers. Not comparing apples to apples with that comparison. I think that those that wish this lifestyle can find other means to talk to others of thier ilk rather than on a cruise info website.
Jim

Old April 4th, 2003, 11:34 PM
Admiral

Jim, you state...."Gay/Lesbian is a medical fact of life and accepted that it isn't a choice by almost all scientists." Not trying to sidetrack the thread but can't let that go <G>. That statement is very inaccurate my friend. Gay/Lesbian life style is exactly what it says...lifestyle. I have read where researchers have tried to link it to a gene but to my knowledge has never been done. Maybe I am misunderstanding your use of the term "medical fact"? No one really knows why one adopts a gay lifestyle but it has never been linked to a medical condition even though there has been a great deal of research over the years. Whether or not "swinging" is wide spread would be hard to qualify with an answer since it is frowned upon by most of society whereas over the years people have become very tolerant (rightfully so) of homosexual relationships. Also, what knowledge do you have that allows you to state "They also make up a pretty significant percentage of regular cruisers..." ? Yes this is a family website and I applaud your (and others) efforts to keep it "G" rated.

Post Edited (04-05-03 12:04)

Old April 5th, 2003, 12:01 AM
Carole Dunham

Default Re: Re: Swingers Board

Hi Rick,

An area in the hippocampus is smaller in gay males than in straight males. An area of the inner ear is smaller in lesbians than in straight women. Every gay person I know, and I know lots, said they were always attracted to the same sex. Just as I always was attracted to the opposite. I "knew" I was straight by the time I was six years old, not that I knew what that meant.

Carole
Old April 5th, 2003, 06:37 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Re: Swingers Board

DINKS Rick, Double Income, No Kids. Gays fit that bill and just open your eyes and look around at the number of gay folks you see onboard ships. Quite a few from what I have seen. Also yes there are many studies that show genetic differances between "straight" and "gay". All in the genes and chromosones from what I understand. It is an accepted fact that it isn't thier 'choice', it is just the way it is.
Jim

Old April 6th, 2003, 10:36 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Harry Martin

Thanks for the good points Rick and Carole. :-)

I think there also may be a cruising gene -- how else could you account for all the gay cruiseline staff?

:-)

Harry (DIOP -- double income, one puppy)
Old April 6th, 2003, 01:21 PM
Admiral

Cruisemates doesn't want a swingers board because it would rock the boat. <wink>

Pardon the pun.

Regards,
Thomas
Old April 7th, 2003, 09:17 AM
Admiral

Good one Thomas!

Cheers,
Michelle B.

Land Cruise, Britain and Belgium