Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Deals. Cruise Questions and Answers! > Ask CruiseMates Staff
Register Forgot Password?

Ask CruiseMates Staff Got a question? Our staff will do its best to help.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 9th, 2003, 12:25 PM
Samantha Jo Cannon

Default i need to know about money

hello...my fiance and i are wanting to take a cruise. how does the money and everything work? does the cruise rice include money for food? Is there any certain age that you have to be to go? If so, what are the policies? Do you have to have a credit card? Or can you pay through a bank or cash? How much extra money do you need besides the cost to go? I would greatly appreciate it for someone to email me that knows the answer to these questions.

Sincerely,

Samantha Jo Cannon
Sponsored Links
Old April 9th, 2003, 12:39 PM
Admiral

Default Re: i need to know about money

Since you do not specify which line you are thinking of I will give the general knowledge from the lines I traveled on.

Age is 21.
No to the credit card, you can use a bank card or cash. For cash they usually like $100 pp and if you go over they will let you know and you can give more money. If you are under then you will get a check at the end of the cruise.
Extra money will depend on you. Are you drinkers? Cokes, bottled water and alcoholic drinks are extra. They have shops on the ship with some nice things and some good deals. Lots of pictures taken which cost extra only if you buy. Specialty coffee/pastry shops which are extra. Tours are not included in the cost, extra. Gambling. Tips pp per day for room steward, waiter and assist waiter. Spa/salon treatments. Art auction.

Generally my husband and I spend around 4-5 hundred for a 7 day cruise. This is for some drinks, gambling, photos and shopping. Then we have our shopping in port. We also tend to rent transportation and go our own instead of the tours.

If I missed anything I'm sure someone else will reply.
Old April 9th, 2003, 12:52 PM
Samantha Jo Cannon

i am 16 and he is 18....will i still get to go? i know its young but we love each other...we havent done the reservations yet...the ones i looked at were the carnival ones to the bahamas or carribbeans
Old April 9th, 2003, 01:08 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

At your age, unless you are married, you won't be allowed to book on Carnival. Their policy is 21 or over, unless married, or accompanied by someone over 25 in the cabin.

Old April 9th, 2003, 01:22 PM
Admiral

The same is true of Royal Caribbean. I got this off their website:

No guest under the age of twenty-one (21) will be booked in a stateroom unless accompanied by an adult twenty-five (25) years of age, or older. This age limit will be waived for minor children sailing with their parents or guardians in adjacent staterooms or under-aged married couples (proof of marriage is required).

Disney doesn't list any information about this on their website so you might try calling them directly if you are interested in a Disney cruise. However, I have a feeling their answer will be the same as the two cruiselines listed above.

Why not ask one or both sets of your parents to go on the cruise with you? They'll find it just as fun, and you might not even run into them the entire time! Good luck.

Cheers,
Michelle B.

Land Cruise, Britain and Belgium

Old April 9th, 2003, 05:16 PM
Admiral

Oh boy, you are engaged and you are 16? Do you know my daughter? You can try talking to the parents in taking you two lovebirds but frankly my dear I wouldn't fall for it. I too have a 16 yo who is in love and I would not be surprised if they say that they are engaged. I will not take him with us on a cruise. I took my son's gf because they were 19 and 20 and out of school but I would not consider the likelihood of 16 and 18. Good luck to you Samantha, I'm sure you are mature but slow down, you have the rest of your life. Marriage takes work, it's not all fun and games...sorry no more lecture.
Old April 10th, 2003, 10:31 AM
Admiral

Hi Diane,

Been there, done that, grew up and got smart. I got engaged when I was 16, ring and everything. My parents were NOT thrilled (understatement.) When I went off to college the next year it dawned on me that there is more to life than this guy and the small town where I went to high school, so I got smart and dumped him. Then he turned into psycho stalker dude, but that's another story.

Anyway, if you think they are getting too serious, I'd recommend you really push your daughter to go away to college. She won't want to, but that's what my mom did for me and it really saved my life. If I had stayed home and gone to community college, I probably would have married that eejit and been living in a trailer barefoot and pregnant (and profoundly unhappy) right about now.

I didn't want to lecture Samantha because I've been there and I know how little good lecturing does. When you're that age "the rest of your life" doesn't have much meaning - you're only thinking about now. I guess some lifelong relationships start when you're that young, but I would wager that the majority don't, so we can just hope that as time passes she'll wake up.

Cheers,
Michelle B.

Old April 10th, 2003, 12:21 PM
Admiral

Sami, unless you and your boyfriend are married,(proof required) you will not be able to book onto a cruise. Sorry.
Old April 10th, 2003, 07:35 PM
Admiral

I hear you Michelle! I was "in love" also at that age but we never did the engagement thing. I am definately working on getting her to college but hey you know how it goes ; ) It's funny when she tells me how much in love they are I just want to laugh. Sorry yours turned psycho on you. My daughter's 1st boyfriend did also. Anyways glad to see you back on the boards, I haven't seen you around much and congrats on your upcoming marriage!

Diane
Old April 11th, 2003, 10:06 AM
Admiral

Thanks Diane - this time I'm older and wiser and know what I'm doing! It's amazing how blinded by hormones we are as teenagers. Of course, we don't recognize it until ten years have passed!

Mainly been hanging around the chit-chat board; been fairly busy lately.

Cheers,
Michelle B.

Carnival Fantasy

Old April 11th, 2003, 11:41 AM
Cruise Maniac

Default pardon me, but this sounds like a

Troll
Old April 11th, 2003, 05:16 PM
Carole Dunham

Default Re: Re: i need to know about money

Ah the hormones of the young. What liars they are (hormones, not the kids).

Carole
Old April 14th, 2003, 07:44 PM
Admiral

How can ya'll be so cruel for Pete's sake. I was in love at 16 and it lasted for 1-1/2 years. Oh, wait a minute..................I meant to say I was in lust for 1-1/2 years. Sheesh, that was it. Sorry...............

Regards,
Thomas