Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Deals. Cruise Questions and Answers! > Ask CruiseMates Staff
Register Forgot Password?

Ask CruiseMates Staff Got a question? Our staff will do its best to help.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 2nd, 2003, 07:02 PM
Carole Dunham

Default Re: Re: Re: Kids Gone wild

Hi Donna,

Someone like your kids knocked me over on an Royal Caribbean cruise a couple of years ago, then they continued galloping down the hall to wherever they were going. I'm partly disabled and couldn't get up. My knees were raw by the time I crawled to my cabin. I managed to get up by using my bed. No, kids can be kids as long as they remember there are other people around. My grandson was a doll when he was younger and is still one now that he's an adult. Always considerate yet a total funloving kid. I hopw I never have to cruise with you and yours.

Carole
Old May 2nd, 2003, 08:02 PM
Passenger

Default Re: Re: Re: Kids Gone wild

Thanks for the feedback. I would be naive to think that my kids are angels but as a parent I have found that most act as they have been raised. Manners, attitude, courtesy are all taught not inherited. I hope that I have done a good job but I also know that at some point kids will be kids and do things that aren't always correct. We shall see. I am hoping that the people on our ship will see the good things in our kids rather than the bad. Before we throw stones, remember back to all the stupid things we all do as kids. All I can do it do my best and encourage the best from my children.
Old May 3rd, 2003, 12:17 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Re: Kids Gone wild

Hi Rick,

I didn't mean to imply that because kids are out of school for Easter break, parents should let them run wild. I was just stating that the likelihood of running into wild kids would be higher because there are so many more children on board. It's a shame but true.

Hope you encounter better behavior on your next cruise. Yours is truly a horror story, and one I would not expect on Celebrity.

Cheers,
Michelle B.

Carnival Imagination

Land Cruise, Britain and Belgium

Old May 18th, 2003, 11:00 AM
Passenger

Send a message via AIM to Alec
Default Re: Kids Gone wild

hi,
i know that on royal carribian cruise liners they have kicked off 12 families because og their kids.
Old May 18th, 2003, 04:46 PM
Cruise Maniac

Send a message via Yahoo to DanaB

I can't decide which was more "amusing," of an incident on my latest cruise; the 80+ year old man forcefully pushing me out of his way to exit an uncrowded elevator without so much as saying excuse me, or this kid I saw running from floor-to-floor pressing all of the elevator buttons (as I was climbing my way from deck 2 to deck 10 to use the gym).

Me personally, if you have no manners, I don't care your age, stay home.

Dana

Sovereign of the Seas - 12/22/02
Sovereign of the Seas - 04/27/03
Sovereign of the Seas - 09/04/03 *and* 09/07/03
Old May 18th, 2003, 05:30 PM
Admiral

I also want to see someone post on these boards about their monster kids. We see them on the ships all the time but every parent on these boards have "well behaved, well mannered, respectful" little darlings. Yeah, right! Love is blind!

Regards,
Thomas