Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Deals. Cruise Questions and Answers! > Ask CruiseMates Staff
Register Forgot Password?

Ask CruiseMates Staff Got a question? Our staff will do its best to help.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 9th, 2003, 07:28 AM
Passenger

Default luggage post cruise

we are sailing to alaska from seattle in july and when the cruise ends we have a flight to return home the same day however, the problem is our flight is not until 11pm. Any ideas on what we can do with our luggage from the time we leave the ship to the time we board the plane? Someone reccomended renting a car in seattle for the day and leaving it in the car but I've read that it's not a good idea to rent a car for the day in seattle because of congestion and no place to park! help!! Thanks!!
Sponsored Links
Old May 9th, 2003, 08:30 AM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: luggage post cruise

There really isn't "good" parking in downtown Seattle unless you are willing to pay. And yes, driving in Seattle can be congested, depends on what you are used to and time of day. There is stuff to see/do that isn't in the downtown core area, and having a car would be OK for that. I would still get the car, pay to park for a couple of hours downtown, and explore Pike Place Market. Then you could drive to the site of the 1962 Worlds Fair. It is now caller "the Center". That is where the Space Needle is. You will probably have to pay for parking near there too. It is also near the Experience Music Project http://www.emplive.com/.

I don't know your age,so forgive me if I think you are older than 50. Seattle also has some nice gardens. Here is a link to a Google search for Seattle Gardens http://www.google.com/search?q=seatt...UTF-8&oe=UTF-8

Shopping interest you? Heard of Nordstroms? They headquaters is in Seattle and so is there flagship store, along with a lot of other shopping.

The International District is a bit south of downtown and it has interesting stores.

How about Baseball. Seattle Mariners. You could see if they are playing that day. You might have time to see a game.
Old May 9th, 2003, 03:24 PM
Passenger

Default Re: luggage post cruise

Thank you so much for the helpful hints there. My husband and I are in our early forties, but all those suggestions sound like good ideas. We were actually thinking about seeing a baseball game (we were hoping the phillies were playing the mariners, but no-such luck). I purchased a book on traveling to Seattle and it scared me half to death about driving. I mean, it basically said not to rent a car if you are only staying a day or two! I thank you for making me feel a little better about it. We will be arriving in Seattle the day before we cruise, so we should have time to search around for things to do when we disembark the following Saturday. oh, and your comment "...ever hear of Nordstroms?". Hehehe....my husband WISHES I never heard of Nordstroms!. hehe Thanks again.