Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Deals. Cruise Questions and Answers! > Ask CruiseMates Staff
Register Forgot Password?

Ask CruiseMates Staff Got a question? Our staff will do its best to help.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 20th, 2003, 07:07 PM
Eiben

Default Bus or Limo Vancouver back to Seattle???

I heard that it is as cheap to catch a limo from port in Vancouver to return to Seattle and airport. Has anyone ever done this??Cost?? Or is it better to stay with the cruise line bus? Going NCL end of Sept. Seattle to Vancouver.
Sponsored Links
Old May 20th, 2003, 08:30 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Bus or Limo Vancouver back to Seattle???

I have rented a car from Avis. It's cheaper and faster. Avis has a booth at Canada Place and you can drop off at Seatac. It is very convenient. Shuttles to and from terminals at both ends.
Old May 20th, 2003, 09:16 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Bus or Limo Vancouver back to Seattle???

The best thing my wife and I did was to take the Amtrak TRAIN from Vancouver to Seattle. It was very cheap, even first class, and very beautiful. More like a great excursion than anything else and we would do it again in a minute!
Jim

Old May 21st, 2003, 07:48 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Re: Bus or Limo Vancouver back to Seattle???

I agree that the train is okay. Times are weird because often the train is really a bus. There is only one train daily, other runs are covered by Amtrak buses, which are not that great and often poor. They make you take all of your luggage off the bus at the border for customs inspection. Ugh!
Old April 7th, 2013, 10:37 AM
Welcome Newcomer

If renting a car is an option for you, I would definitely allow that. Most of the major rental agencies allow you to rent in Vancouver and drop off in Seattle without too much of an extra fee.

Driving across the border in a car is way easier than taking the bus and having to offload all of your luggage when you get to the border.
Old May 4th, 2013, 01:03 PM
Captain

I am doing this in Sept. Because its only me, it would not be cheaper to rent a car. I hear the train has fantansic views, the bus does not have.

My choices are 2 trains @ $29 each .. or 3 busses @ $45 each. Unfortunately, if I fly in the morning before my cruise, the first train will have already left and the last one gets in very late, so I'm taking the bus. They say its a very easy way to cross the border.

Im doing the Vancouver to Calif via Hawaii cruise Sept 17th. I have a hotel in Vancouver already booked, but have not decided which bus to take or how much time to allow after the plane arrives to get to the train stop to catch the bus.
Conquest 7/21/13, Miracle ALASKA 8/27/13, Miracle HAWAII 9/17/13, Celebrity Summit, 11/30/13, Celebrity Summit, 12/7/13, Celebrity Constellation, 2/7/14, NCL Epic 3/2/14, Allure 5/4/14, Allure 11/2/14, Quantum 12/8/14
Old May 4th, 2013, 01:08 PM
Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck Palm View Post
I agree that the train is okay. Times are weird because often the train is really a bus. There is only one train daily, other runs are covered by Amtrak buses, which are not that great and often poor. They make you take all of your luggage off the bus at the border for customs inspection. Ugh!
I've read this on message boards a bunch of times, so I was surprised that on Sept 16th, I have 5 choices, 2 of which are trains.

Someone said maybe its because of some Olympics .. dont know which one, but I heard that may be why I have so many choices the day I fly in.

I will only have one suitcase which I can easily handle, plus a purse and a purse that holds my tablet (yes two purses lol). I have heard taking the train is especially seamless to cross the border.

Ill let you'all know after I do it in Sept.
Conquest 7/21/13, Miracle ALASKA 8/27/13, Miracle HAWAII 9/17/13, Celebrity Summit, 11/30/13, Celebrity Summit, 12/7/13, Celebrity Constellation, 2/7/14, NCL Epic 3/2/14, Allure 5/4/14, Allure 11/2/14, Quantum 12/8/14