Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Deals. Cruise Questions and Answers! > Ask CruiseMates Staff
Register Forgot Password?

Ask CruiseMates Staff Got a question? Our staff will do its best to help.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 2nd, 2003, 11:47 PM
Passenger

Default How do we get from Orlando airport to Cape Canaveral?

Please help us in answering this question. How do we get from MCO -Orlando airport to Cape Canaveral cruise terminal where RCCL Soverign of the Seas departs out of. What are our options?
Sponsored Links
Old July 3rd, 2003, 06:49 AM
Admiral

Default Re: How do we get from Orlando airport to Cape Canaveral?

You can rent a car, take a shuttle, take RCCL transfers.

"The test of a first rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in the mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function."

F Scott Fitzgerald

Seven Seas Voyager (30nts) - Dubai - Cape Town - Nov 14
Old July 3rd, 2003, 09:47 PM
Passenger

Default Re: Re: How do we get from Orlando airport to Cape Canaveral

Can you recommend one for a family of 4? Is one option better than another? If you are going to have to arrange this on the way back , is it better to rent the car for a week and pay parking while on cruise? Has anyone did transfers, taxis or Limo's? Any idea of costs?
Old July 6th, 2003, 11:03 AM
lc

We did this a couple of years back. There was only me and my husband traveling. We flew into Orlando, rented a car at the Orlando Airport (37.00 I think). Drove to Cape Canavarl. Stayed in Cocoa Beach for the night. Cocoa Beach has a rental car office there (I think it was Budget). We drove the rental car to the office in the a.m. of the cruise. Budget? had a free shuttle to the pier.

After the cruise, same thing. Got the free shuttle back to the rental office. Rented the car and drove to the airport. We are not really shuttle folks, so this worked out real well.
Old July 8th, 2003, 12:25 AM
Passenger

Default Re: Re: How do we get from Orlando airport to Cape Canaveral

thanks for the info. It is most appreciated.
Old July 8th, 2003, 12:39 PM
LadyDymondz3

When going to Port Canaveral from Orlando., my family usually takes the bus. Just because its easier and you don't have to worry about your luggage any longer like you would have to if you rent a car. Then I think you would have to pay to leave it at the port also, so I would reccomend taking the RCCL transportation.