Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Deals. Cruise Questions and Answers! > Ask CruiseMates Staff
Register Forgot Password?

Ask CruiseMates Staff Got a question? Our staff will do its best to help.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 6th, 2003, 09:28 AM
red

Default hawaii cruise

We are dedicated cruisers and have just returned from alaska. Our question is this, what weeks are the best to cruise hawaii? ie; weather, rainy season, whales running,etc. All responses greatly appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Old July 7th, 2003, 07:48 AM
Admiral

Default Re: hawaii cruise

I too would like to know. We were just talking about this yesterday, trying to decide where to cruise next!
Old July 7th, 2003, 10:26 AM
Captain

If you are looking for cruising when whales are there the peak for whale watching is the end of February and beginning of March. The weather is usually pretty good at this time also. We have cruised there during this time period and also added additional time staying on the islands just to whale watch during this time period. A friend of ours that lives there during the winter told us we had missed the heavy rains by a couple weeks going during that time frame.
Old July 7th, 2003, 10:37 AM
First Mate

I've cruised Hawaii in January, March and May, and the best month for weather was May. The best month for whale watching was March; and we had a great time in Jaunuary also, but we had rain. We had a land vacation in January one year for my husbands birthday and it was great for whale watching and we didn't have any rain.........Whatever month you go to Hawaii, you will have a great time. I've cruised a lot and that is my favorite destination. Have a great time. Happy Cruising......

PS I've cruised three different cruise lines in Hawaii and RCCL was definitely our favorite.