Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Deals. Cruise Questions and Answers! > Ask CruiseMates Staff
Register Forgot Password?

Ask CruiseMates Staff Got a question? Our staff will do its best to help.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 18th, 2003, 03:07 PM
KK

Default Visa to Mexico?

Hi,
I am planning to take a cruise (Navigator of the Sea by RCL) which will stop at Cozumel, Mexico for a few hours. I am a US permanent resident, holding a US Green Card. Can anyone advise me if I need a vise to enter Mexico?
Thanks,
Sponsored Links
Old July 18th, 2003, 03:29 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Visa to Mexico?

I got this off a website in FAQ section:

11. Do I need a Passport?

United States Immigration determines the correct documents that passengers must have in their possession in order to leave and return to the U.S. It is the passengerís responsibility to check with his/her local immigration offices and/or respective embassies or consulates to determine document requirements. The cruise line will not be responsible if a passenger is denied boarding by local immigration officials for lack of proper documents.

United States and Canadian Citizens:

Voter Registration cards are not acceptable.

For the Caribbean, Alaska or Mexico, a certified copy of your birth certificate with a raised seal, as well as an official photo I.D. are acceptable.

All passengers 16 years of age and older are required to have a photo id to present with their proof of citizenship.

For travel in any other part of the world, including Fanning Island via Hawaii, a valid passport is required.

In some countries like Russia, Turkey and Brazil, a visa may be required. A Passenger Support Representative will notify you of this prior to your cruise.

Resident Aliens:

Resident Aliens who are permanent residents of the U.S. must have their passport and Alien Registration card (Form-1551.) In some instances resident aliens may be required to have sailing permits and or visas to enter some countries.

Foreign Passengers:

Foreign passengers must be in possession of a valid passport and multiple entry visa for the United States (B-2 Visitorís Visa.)

Regulations with regard to vaccination certificates and other health requirements for the various embarkation ports may vary by destination and change from time to time. It is the sole responsibility of the passenger to obtain the necessary and appropriate documents as well as to have them available.