Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Deals. Cruise Questions and Answers! > Ask CruiseMates Staff
Register Forgot Password?

Ask CruiseMates Staff Got a question? Our staff will do its best to help.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 19th, 2003, 02:34 PM
Sascol

Default Passenger Age Range For a New England Cruise

I know this is a pretty broad question, but here goes....

We're considering an 11-night Canada/New England cruise on the Celebrity Constellation next September. What should we expect as far as the average passenger age is concerned? Previously, we've only sailed 7-night Caribbean cruises and there are tons of other folks in our age category (late 30's early 40's). I assume there will be more folks in the "older than us" category (which would be fine) but how much is the average age going to jump up?
Sponsored Links
Old August 19th, 2003, 04:00 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Passenger Age Range For a New England Cruise

Oh how I wanted to answer that there will be nothing but 90 year olds on the trip. It was tempting.
Celebrity tends (note, tends) to attract a bit older crowd than say RCCL or Carnival. Add to that September sailing (younger families are back to school ) and the fact that the cruise is longer than 7 days. Bottom line you will probably find an average age of high 50's or 60's. It's a big ship and there will be plenty of folks in all age ranges.
Ask for second seating for dinner. The truly old (and very young) will generally get early seating. You will also find the younger folks at the more vigorous activities and the more "happening" venues on the ship. This will be a more sedate cruise than a seven day Caribbean.
Old August 20th, 2003, 10:26 AM
Admiral

Default Re: Passenger Age Range For a New England Cruise

Papa Bill is right on target. I toured a brand new Carnival ship last Sept. in Portland Maine complements of my TA. It was doing a similar itinerary for 8 nights. There were mostly couples in the early 40 to 60's age that I could see coming and going ashore. Be prepared that this season will be cool on shore or at sea. It is a great itinerary for a change of pace. I live in New England, if I can help with any tour suggestions.
Bon Voyage
Old August 21st, 2003, 05:14 PM
Bobbi Winsler

Default Re: Re: Passenger Age Range For a New England Cruise

Are cruising in late Sept in Halifax, St. John, Bar Harbor, or Newport? We are going on a 2600 passenger ship but do not like the hurry and wait structure/crowding of ship tours. Any suggestions for not to be missed sites in above city for a very small group?