Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Deals. Cruise Questions and Answers! > Ask CruiseMates Staff
Register Forgot Password?

Ask CruiseMates Staff Got a question? Our staff will do its best to help.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 3rd, 2003, 12:56 PM
kheff

Default group discounts question

we are planning a family reunion cruise next summer and will book 5 cabins. a travel agent my sister knows said she is planning the same cruise with her family and if we book together and switch our travel week she could get a group discount. what sort of discount percentage can i expect? this is on celebrity to bermuda '04. her initial quote was higher than other online quotes (cruisequick). are there any other benefits from a group booking?
Sponsored Links
Old September 3rd, 2003, 01:50 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna
Default Re: group discounts question

Hi Kheff,
Yes, its true, you can get some additional discounts by doing a group cruise, they do vary from line to line. Usually when booking so many cabins, you can get a free one, to either divide up the difference, or give it to someone. Just make sure that the deal the travel agent is quoting, to get in writing, seen it happen too many times where things get lost in the shuffle, also the cruiseline doesn't give back the amount of the "free" cabin for a few weeks after the cruise, so keep that in mind. At this point you are only using 5 cabins, plus you mentioned that you received lower prices without the group booking, I'd still look into that and make sure thats for the same catagories of cabins.

Good luck.

Message Boards Moderator
Old September 4th, 2003, 08:28 AM
Admiral

When we did our group cruise we had to have 8 cabins booked to get the discount, which was a free cabin. We didn't have enough.

Regards,
Thomas
Old September 4th, 2003, 11:30 AM
kheff

Sorry for the confusion in my initial post, our family was booking five cabins, while the travel agent's family needed three, making eight total which should make the group discount level. I was just wondering how much of discount could be expected.
Old September 4th, 2003, 01:02 PM
Admiral

the percentage differs from cruise line to cruise line. Find out what the group rate is going to be for the same cabin, if its a good deal and you change vacation weeks then go for it, its always more fun traveling with a group. Also the cruise line or the TA might throw in some "perks" for booking with a group (photo vouchers, shipboard credit, stuff like that) Ask