Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Deals. Cruise Questions and Answers! > Ask CruiseMates Staff
Register Forgot Password?

Ask CruiseMates Staff Got a question? Our staff will do its best to help.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old October 5th, 2003, 08:39 AM
Passenger

Default Not sure about destinations

Ist time cruising family from Michigan needs to know best place to fly into (in FLA) and best itinerary for 3-4 night "sampler " of cruising. Don't like Key West particularly..Going at XMAS with elderly mother and my kids- Help! I feel like an idiot at this! Thanks
Sponsored Links
Old October 5th, 2003, 10:50 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Not sure about destinations

Jojo,

There are several Florida ports from which you can sail on short cruises. I recommend Port Canaveral, from which three cruise lines sail on 3- and 4-day cruises: Disney, Carnival and Royal Caribbean. They all visit the Bahamas (Nassau and/or Freeport). The nearest airport is Orlando Intl., about a 1-hour ride from the port. And of course, while in Orlando you can also visit Disney World, Universal Orlando, Sea World or any of the many other area attractions.

Jack

Cruise #25, Monarch OTS 11/28/2011, Bahamas
Old October 6th, 2003, 08:45 AM
David Starkey

At Christmas time I would suggest Miami or Ft Lauderdale as the temps will be warmer than Cape Canaveral. Also, theme parks at holdays times are usually packed with extra visitors and lines are much longer.
Old October 6th, 2003, 08:45 AM
Admiral

I agree with Jack. Flying into Orlando is usually cheaper than FLL or Miami. Port Canaveral has 3 and 4 day cruises. The 3-day cruises on Carnival Fantasy and RCI Sovereign of the Seas sail Thursday night through Sunday morning and the 4-day cruises sail Sunday night through Thursday morning.

They both sail to Nassau, The Bahamas, and one other stop. For Carnival Fantasy the other stop is Freeport (not much of a stop IMO) and for the Sovereign the other stop is Coco Cay (their private island).

I've noticed that beginning the first of the year the SOS will be shifting their schedule to Monday-Friday morning and Friday-Monday morning for 4 and 3 day cruises.

Regards,
Thomas