Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Deals. Cruise Questions and Answers! > Ask CruiseMates Staff
Register Forgot Password?

Ask CruiseMates Staff Got a question? Our staff will do its best to help.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old October 5th, 2003, 10:13 PM
RebeccaS

Default Dunns River Falls??

I was reading Dayna post. She was asking about small children. What people with some meat on their bones? Has anyone ever notice heavier people climbing the falls? I was read that there is a stairway along the climb. What is like? Is it wet, narrow or stone etc?
Sponsored Links
Old October 6th, 2003, 10:03 AM
Admiral

Default Re: Dunns River Falls??

Rebeca you will see all shapes and sizes climbing the falls, its a chain of people, they all help eachother along, its not a terribly difficult climb, if you can climb up a rocky hill at home, you should have no problem. The stairway alongside the falls is fairly wide, lots of folks who don't feel comfortable climbing the falls take the stairs. You still get the beautiful view of the falls from the stairs.
Old October 6th, 2003, 11:38 AM
Admiral

Understand that the stairs are not in the falls themselves, but rather a paved path beside the falls. There are places to enter and exit the falls along this path. Some areas are a bit of a climb and you will need the person in front and sometimes behind you to give you a boost. Mostly it isn't too difficult. I manage to get my fat crippled body up them everytime we go to Jamaica
Jim

Post Edited (10-07-03 09:49)
Old October 6th, 2003, 12:13 PM
First Mate

As a rather large woman who has climbed the falls, I can speak from experience. Yes, it was more difficult for me than other fitter people, but I was able to do it without too much trouble. The hardest part was that some of the step ups were quite steep. I have very short legs, and found some of it difficul, but the guides are there to help when needed. However, I will say that my leg muscles were so sore afterward (for about 3-4 days!!). Even this pain could not damper my enthusiasm - it was awesome and I'd do it again in a heartbeat.