Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Deals. Cruise Questions and Answers! > Ask CruiseMates Staff
Register Forgot Password?

Ask CruiseMates Staff Got a question? Our staff will do its best to help.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old October 11th, 2003, 11:04 AM
Admiral

Default "Preview" feature

One of the "other" cruise boards has a nice feature which just might improve the quality of our CM threads. Once you've prepared your message for submission, you get the opportunity to "Preview" it (for typos, misspellings, things you may want to think twice about, etc.) and make changes before you "Post" it. The "Preview" shows your message exactly as it will appear on the CM board, and can avert any embarrassment for errors which have previously gone unnoticed. Has CM ever considered or tried this kind of enhancement?

Jack

Norwegian Dream
Baltic Sea, Aug.'04

Cruise #25, Monarch OTS 11/28/2011, Bahamas
Sponsored Links
Old October 11th, 2003, 08:28 PM
Admiral

Default Re: "Preview" feature

Sorry, Mike, but I simply don't trust any of the spell-check options available today. I'd rather fall back on a familiar old reference tome called "the dictionary". Old-fashioned, aren't I?<S> So if you ever see a spelling mistake in one of our postings, you may rest assured that the dictionary was wrong!{wink}

I suppose what bothers me the most is the startling number of posters who obviously fail to review their messages before posting. I realize that we all weren't English majors (I was only a sergeant myself), but it seems to me that there's just not much remaining of what what might be described as "pride of authorship" among the commonalty.

I'm not referring to obvious typos, and I realize that the subjects of repeated poor spelling and grammar have been discussed on these boards ad infinitum. I'm afraid that we must face up to the fact that many of the people who put their thoughts in illegible writing, and then post them in public fora, simply won't ever make it to the N.Y. Times best seller list very soon. What a pity!

Jack

Norwegian Dream
Baltic Sea, Aug.'04

Cruise #25, Monarch OTS 11/28/2011, Bahamas