Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Deals. Cruise Questions and Answers! > Ask CruiseMates Staff
Register Forgot Password?

Ask CruiseMates Staff Got a question? Our staff will do its best to help.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old October 18th, 2003, 06:56 PM
Reed Bickley

Default Important Question about Meeting Ship!

Hiya!

I have to find this out ASAP and princess is closed for the night and my cruise is tomorow and I hope someone has delt with this before.

Due to business I would miss the first 3 days of my 7 day cruise. I could fly into Grand Cayman on the 22nd and meet the ship and the rest of my party who would be on for the whole cruise. Would princess let me do this? How would I check into the boat? Does anyone know how far the airport on grand cayman is from the cruise terminal? Please reply ASAP if you have experience with this and princess specifically. Thank you VERY much for any help in advance.

Reed
Sponsored Links
Old October 19th, 2003, 12:02 AM
p.g.

Default Re: Important Question about Meeting Ship!

Can't help except to say Grand Cayman is very small so airport couldn't be far from anywhere!
Old October 19th, 2003, 11:31 AM
Admiral

Yes you are allowed to join the ship at any point during the cruise. Contact Princess ASAP and let them know your plans.
Jim

Old October 19th, 2003, 02:46 PM
Admiral

Jim:

Except another US port if you will violate the Jones Act or Passenger Service Vessel Act (whichever one actually applies).

marc
Old October 19th, 2003, 08:33 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Re: Important Question about Meeting Ship!

PSA applies to passengers. Jones Act ap-plies to frieght. This only means that you could not join the ship in say Key West and the next port which ends the cruise be Miami. The PSA says you cannot start in one US port and end in another unless you visit a designated "distant foreign port". No matter as it does not apply to this situation as GC is not a US port.
Jim

Old October 20th, 2003, 02:29 AM
Pat Dor

Default Re: Re: Re: Important Question about Meeting Ship!

Hi Jim
That is very interesting but WHY?
Old October 20th, 2003, 09:44 AM
Admiral

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Important Question about Meeting Ship!

Political. Back in the late 1800's unions wanted to insure that only ships built in the USA and manned by Americans were allowed to ship people and goods within the 48 continous states. They had enough political power to insure Congress passed these rules. Understand that shipping goods and people was a much more important and profitable venue back then then it is now with the highway and rail and air system we now have and they wanted to make sure it was protected.
Jim

Old October 20th, 2003, 04:26 PM
Reed Bickley

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Important Question about Meeting Ship!

Thank you everyone for your help. Princess was able to accomidate me and now I have a fun flight from MIA to GCM that I probably wouldn't have ever done otherwise!

Reed