Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Deals. Cruise Questions and Answers! > Ask CruiseMates Staff
Register Forgot Password?

Ask CruiseMates Staff Got a question? Our staff will do its best to help.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old October 19th, 2003, 01:59 PM
Passenger

Default Regal Princess 10 day to Alaska from San Francisco or Celebr

Hi,

My husband and I are considering a 10 day cruise out of San Fransisco to Alaska on the Regal Pricess. (We have a cousin that lives in SF) We were on the NCL sky to Alaska in Sept of 01 and just returned from Carnival Victory to New England/Nova Scotia.

Has anyone taken this 10 day trip? I have heard that this is not a good ship to go to Alaska on due to the lack of public viewing space..(I think they mean inside, out of the weather. )

We are looking at May 6 - 16, 2004 on the Regal or maybe the 12 day to Alaska out of SF on the Celebrity Mercury, May 5 - 17.

Any info would be welcome..the ship itself, the itinerary, cruising out of SF, etc...

Searched the Alaska posts & haven't found anything.

On our way to New York City, we voluntarily took a later flight and got vouchers from Northwest to fly...they are burning a hole in my pocket!!! only have a year to spent them..& looking to go someplace that I would never drive to..

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Old October 20th, 2003, 11:01 AM
David Starkey

Default Re: Regal Princess 10 day to Alaska from San Francisco or Ce

I have done the Regal in Alaska and agree this particular vessel has few public outside area's to view the sites and no outdoor forward area at all.(a real minus) The cabins aboard Regal are somewhat larger than on other Princess ships. This ship is not a new vessel and may seem dated by some of the newer ships.

I would take the Mercury in a second over Regal. I really enjoy the outdoor decks and its important to me ,so I will not sail her agian.