Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Deals. Cruise Questions and Answers! > Ask CruiseMates Staff
Register Forgot Password?

Ask CruiseMates Staff Got a question? Our staff will do its best to help.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old October 20th, 2003, 01:03 AM
mlbcruiser

Default Quickest cheap way to get from port of MIA to W. Palm airpor

We disembark at the Port of Miami on a Sunday and need to find a very reasonably priced way to get to the W. Palm Beach airport quickly. Our plane departs at l p.m. Thought of a rental car, but it would take up extra time to go pick it us and return it, etc. Maybe too much time. Any ideas? Or anyone know about what the cruiselines charge pp for one of their buses to that location? (I assume they go there?) Thanks for any info.!
Sponsored Links
Old October 20th, 2003, 10:47 AM
Admiral

Default Re: Quickest cheap way to get from port of MIA to W. Palm ai

You are going to have a dickens of a time making the flight! PBA is well over an hour away at the best of times! A car would be the cheapest but as you said, you have no time to spare, (and maybe not enough anyway). There just isn't a cheap way to PBA from MIA. A taxi is going to cost you a bunch and I am not sure the shuttle will go that far. Private Limo maybe? It is going to cost you though.
Jim

Old October 20th, 2003, 12:22 PM
Admiral

Honestly i don't think you can make it, unless you are in the first group to disembark from the ship, and the only way to do that is if you have an early flight. I would change your flight or book into a closer airport.
Old October 20th, 2003, 10:06 PM
joanne1

hi

if you carry your own luggage off the ship you can disembark between 730-830 clear customs and be well on your way by 9-930. i wouldcontact the cruiseline directly to see if this is offered on the ship you are traveling

we just got back from the triumph and it was offered

good luck and happy sailing
Old October 20th, 2003, 11:30 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Re: Quickest cheap way to get from port of MIA to W. Pal

Joanne,
Yes, it is true that you can carry your own luggage off the ship and get off as soon as they clear Immigration BUT, definately do not count on the ship being cleared by 9 or 9:30 or even 10am. I have seen it held until 11 am before due to some stupid people that they had to hunt down to clear Immigration. Count yourself lucky if you are off the ship by 10am. A 1pm flight from WPB is not a good idea even with the best debarkation.
Jim

Old October 20th, 2003, 11:56 PM
mlbcruiser

Default Re: Re: Re: Quickest cheap way to get from port of MIA to W.

Well, we'll just have to hope for the best. I think the only thing that would make us late is one of two things: something unusual holding up the ship's debarkation up until about ll:00 - ll:15 (there's always that chance, but the LATEST we've ever disembarked was about 9:15 out of l5 cruises), or a serious car accident/major traffic jam on the interstate, in which case hopefully the airline would take pity on us and TRY to put us on a later flight. As I understand it, our ship does offer the deal where you can carry off your own luggage, and we plan to do that. Our flight is non-changeable, & non-refundable. Thanks for the advice, though!
Old October 21st, 2003, 10:47 AM
Admiral

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Quickest cheap way to get from port of MIA t

I wish you the very best and really hope that it works out with no problems. I couldn't handle the stress, or actually I couldn't handle my wife's stress that she would put on me. <VBG>
Jim