Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Deals. Cruise Questions and Answers! > Ask CruiseMates Staff
Register Forgot Password?

Ask CruiseMates Staff Got a question? Our staff will do its best to help.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old October 27th, 2003, 09:41 PM
laceyjane

Default HELP cost of taxi for 2 from pier back to San Juan Airport

Hi,
This is only our second cruise and this is the first time we booked airfare on our own. We are flying into San Juan Puerto Rico one day early and staying at the Courtyard by Marriott Beach Resort in Isla Verde. (Is this a good ,clean, and safe place to stay??) I am wondering the cost of a taxi for 2 adults with 3 or 4 pieces of luggage to go from the pier back to the airport post cruise. Celebrity Galaxy offers a one way transfer from the pier to airport for $13.00 per person. Would it be easier to just book the $26.00 one way post cruise transfer with the cruise line or would it be just as easy and cheaper to get a taxi on our own. THANK YOU FOR YOUR HELP as we are very inexperienced at this. LEslie
Sponsored Links
Old October 28th, 2003, 12:23 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna
Default Re: HELP cost of taxi for 2 from pier back to San Juan Airpo

Hi Lacey,
You can easlily get a cab at the pier in San Juan to the airport, cost should be around $20 plus tip, depending on how much luggage. They will write out a ticket for you before you get to the actual cab. The ride is about half an hour if traffic isn't bad.

Message Boards Moderator
Old October 28th, 2003, 12:34 PM
Admiral

I think Donna has the cost correct, however, I am one that after a cruise, puts the transfers into the hands of the cruise line.

Case in point, disembarking the Mercury in January 99, we had opted to get cabs in stead, and upon disembarking, there was a unattended line that people were shoving their into and very few cabs, as there were 6 ships in that day.

Another time, in NYC, getting off the Triumph, there was absolutely no cabs at all. We had to walk several blocks until we were able to finally get one.

It would also depend on how late your flight is.
Old October 29th, 2003, 10:09 AM
Dan P

We take the cab from San juan [pier 4]to the airport .My advise to you is to get an early disembark tag.then you will miss all the running around and get to the airport early.The reason is if you get to the airport and check in befor all the buses from the SHIPS get their you will not have the hassel of WAITING in the long lines.there are a few places to go for coffee or something.
Old October 29th, 2003, 10:11 AM
Dan P

PS ;when we are in sanjuan we swim at the beach at isle verdi.
Old October 29th, 2003, 09:29 PM
laceyjane

Default Re: Re: HELP cost of taxi for 2 from pier back to San Juan A

Hi,
Thank you all so much for the excellent advice!!!! I really appreciate you taking the time to answer my post . I have decided to take the cab my plane leaves the airport at 12:30 p.m. so my plan is to get off the ship asap and get a cab.
Old October 30th, 2003, 07:36 AM
Cruise Maniac

You may have a bit of a push making a 12:30 flight. It does take a bit of time to get off the ship after it docks and the SJ airport can be a zoo depending on the state of the construction and number of ships arriving.
Old October 30th, 2003, 08:59 AM
GaryB23

Just got back from the Dawn Princess and had a 1250 flight and was at the airport by 10am using transfers from Princess....You will have no problem with a 1230 flight you start to disembark at 8am and it goes fast.....Have a great time
Old October 30th, 2003, 09:17 AM
Admiral

I would still emphasize to put it in the hands of the cruise line to do the transfers after the cruise.