Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Deals. Cruise Questions and Answers! > Ask CruiseMates Staff
Register Forgot Password?

Ask CruiseMates Staff Got a question? Our staff will do its best to help.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old November 6th, 2003, 10:43 AM
Martin Jacobs

Default Missing deck chairs!!!

This is Martin Jacobs, a Crystal Society member. I've cruised with Crystal numerous (7) times on the Harmony and Symphony and decided to try Holland America (Amsterdam) for a change. Now, Holland America is certaintly not Crystal, but one thing continues to disturb me. I've taken Crystal to such places as Mexico and Caribbean and Alaska. I think on deck 7 is the walking deck. Though I occassionaly walk the mile around the deck, there are no chairs or benches to sit down as on our last trip to Alaska (July 31,2004) on the Harmony; the Carribean (Dec 22,2003)on the Symphony. Now, what really impresses me on the Holland's Amsterdam (to Panama Canal), there were near 200 deck chairs on their walking deck. And we loved to sit on these deck chairs in the fresh air and relax,read or just nap etc. Plus, the deck chairs were always at least 3/4 full in use. I thought maybe that possibly the space on Crystal did not allow for deck chairs, but surprisingly the width of the decks were about equal width. Then I thought, maybe Crystal feels there is enough balconys or verandas in the cabins to offset this. Yet, I observed the Amsterdam had near the same amount.
Therefore, my question is WHY doesn't Crystal have deck chairs???? Please reply.

Martin S. Jacobs
Sponsored Links
Old November 6th, 2003, 09:33 PM
First Mate

Default Re: Missing deck chairs!!!

The promenade deck is usually the best place for walking, running or just standing by the rail. Deck chairs add clutter and get in the way when people move them about. They can even be a safety hazard. There are plenty of chairs on Harmony's upper decks. Why NOT keep one deck free of obstructions? Deck 7 doesn't have any public rooms so it's not really the place to hang out.
Old November 6th, 2003, 09:54 PM
Admiral

Location: Wisconsin....about 100 miles south of the Frozen Tundra and 70 miles east of Camp Randall
Send a message via AIM to Lisa Send a message via Yahoo to Lisa
Default Re: Missing deck chairs!!!

I've been on several Princess ships and the Promenade deck is more than wide enough to accomodate both loungers and walkers/runners (excuse me, they - the joggers - should be using the jogging track not the promenade deck.) No reason that both cannot be accomoadated in that prime space. I love standing at the rail on the Promenade deck and I also love lounging out there with a good book! And I have never seen anyone move a lounger to the rail on the promenade deck - people who use those loungers like to be in the shade - hard to get up on the "sun" decksl as is the peace and quiet (no pool music noise, etc.)