Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Deals. Cruise Questions and Answers! > Ask CruiseMates Staff
Register Forgot Password?

Ask CruiseMates Staff Got a question? Our staff will do its best to help.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old December 28th, 2003, 01:06 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Harry Martin
Default Staff: "Marking all read" problems

Hi CM's,

I have hestitated posting this to see whether I could figure out for myself, but I just can't seem to make it right.

Anyway, I use the "mark all read" function under message boards every time I log on so that I may navigate to new messages faster. On some boards, it works find, and others, all of them are flagged as "new," even if there hasn't been a new posting for days or weeks.

I thought perhaps was when I switched computers to access the boards (we have 3 at home and of course the ones at work). But especially since the holidays, I've been strictly on the one we have in the garage.

Is this a glitch in the software? I've noticed that it often happens on the Gay/Lesbian board, the Destinations board and several others.

At any rate, just I thought I would bring it to your attention.

Harry
Sponsored Links
Old December 28th, 2003, 01:33 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki
Default Re: Staff: "Marking all read" problems

Harry.. it is indeed a glitch with the boards. One that has been ongoing. I suffer through the same things, as well as getting logged off sometimes when switching from board to board.

I have found that logging off and then back on sometimes seems to get me back to the correct settings, as far as New and Read markings go.

Old December 28th, 2003, 02:39 PM
Admiral

Harry, this has been a longtime glitch and I have no idea how it might be corrected. As someone who visits many differant boards and trys to keep up with the new messages it is sometime frustrating to see that suddenly all are 'not read' when I know darn well most are. It also changes setting from view all topics to view all threads and back. Just something I have learned to put up with and not get an ulcer over. <G>
Jim

Old December 28th, 2003, 04:47 PM
DonD

Default Re: Re: Staff: "Marking all read" problems

I know that if I delete the cookies from my computer using the “Delete Cookies” option under Tools, Internet Options, Delete Cookies, my messages ALL indicate unread.
Old December 28th, 2003, 08:37 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Harry Martin

Thanks for the confirmation that I was not nuts.

I just learned to look at "dates posted" to get the newest messages that it occured on.

Harry
Old January 1st, 2004, 07:44 PM
First Mate

Default Re: Re: Re: Staff: "Marking all read" problems

Don wrote:
"Author: DonD (---.anhmca.adelphia.net)
Date: 12-28-03 15:47
I know that if I delete the cookies from my computer using the “Delete Cookies” option under Tools, Internet Options, Delete Cookies, my messages ALL indicate unread."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~
Don,

If you delete all your cookies you delete your log in cookie, so this site does not recognise you since there is no cookie to reference which messages have been read by you. You need to log in again every time you delete ALL your cookies..