Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Deals. Cruise Questions and Answers! > Ask CruiseMates Staff
Register Forgot Password?

Ask CruiseMates Staff Got a question? Our staff will do its best to help.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old December 29th, 2003, 11:44 AM
MattH

Default Cheapest months to cruise

My girlfriend and I are looking to take our first cruise together. I was wondering what the cheapest months were to cruise...we are looking at a 3-5 day cruise, either to the Bahamas or Caribbean. Ideally, we'd like to go in April or May, but don't know if that is when i'll get the best deal. Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Old December 30th, 2003, 10:51 AM
David Starkey

Default Re: Cheapest months to cruise

April can be high priced..because of spring break vacations. I have done six cruises in Oct(good rates) but always had poor weather in the Caribbean then.(hurricane or other rain or cloudy conditions).
Old December 30th, 2003, 07:22 PM
Kathy & Dave

The best rates we got were in Sept/October. Fortunately, the weather was awesome for us. It is a chance you take cruising during hurricane season, but you never know what will happen with the weather at anytime, not just in the fall. You just need to be flexible with your planning in case you are diverted to different islands.

Old January 2nd, 2004, 01:50 AM
Chig

I was told by my travel agent that the best time to cruise is the second week in January. Why? Because many people can't afford to take a cruise after the holidays, they have to get busy paying off their Christmas charge cards! She said the cruise lines are looking for cruisers this time of year....So we Booked! :-) And got a great rate...
$680 for 7 nights on the Mariner, outside with a balcony. Sweet.
--Chig
Old January 2nd, 2004, 06:05 AM
evie

Default Re: Re: Cheapest months to cruise

We have cruised the past three years the first week of December. I have found the first two weeks in December (after Thanksgiving and before Christmas) to be able to get some very good rates for cruises.

It is also after the hurricane season. Have had good weather that time of year.
Old January 2nd, 2004, 08:43 AM
Admiral

We've always found the first two weeks of January to be the best priced, that's why we're leaving on Sunday to the Bahamas. We've booked the least expensive outside room for $291 on the Fantasy. We've taken this cruise many times and usually pay around $350 - $400 for the same but at different times.

Regards,
Thomas
Old January 3rd, 2004, 01:25 PM
HeySailor

This is really handy info! Thanks, all!
Old January 4th, 2004, 01:38 AM
Thirty-something

Default Re: Re: Cheapest months to cruise

We are going on our first cruise on the RCI Vision of the Seas on January 18th, we have an Aft Balcony. I thought the price I got ($1,120.10 each including tax and port fees) through Costco was the best price I'd found. I paid extra for airfare as well. Where did you get such a great price on your upcoming cruise. Since I am a newbie, I hope to learn a few things for the next cruise we take.