Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Deals. Cruise Questions and Answers! > Ask CruiseMates Staff
Register Forgot Password?

Ask CruiseMates Staff Got a question? Our staff will do its best to help.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 13th, 2004, 02:14 PM
kenya

Default Enough time to catch my plane?

Hi ! I have found what I believe to be a good price for airfare but I am not sure if the time is too early. My plane leaves New Orleans at 11:15 a.m. and the boat docks at 8 a.m. Am I leaving myself enough time to make the plane? If not please give suggestions.
Sponsored Links
Old January 14th, 2004, 07:06 AM
Admiral

Default Re: Enough time to catch my plane?

What Mike said and, IF the ship docks on time. I would suggest booking a later flight because do you really want all that stress wondering if you're going to make your flight at the end of your vacation? And if you don't make it, do you want all the hassle of having to rebook another, if you can get another?

Regards,
Thomas
Old January 14th, 2004, 10:09 AM
starfighter

I've had flights in the 11:00 to 11:30 range many times at Florida ports and I've never had a problem. You just want to make sure you get the expedited departure tags from the ship or if you're traveling light, keep your luggage with you the night before leaving the ship and take a cab to the airport and NOT the shuttle bus. If you do those things, you should be at the airport around 10:00 to 10:30.
Old January 14th, 2004, 12:28 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

Personally I think the flight is too early. If you want to keep that flight because of the great price, I'd book it for the day after.
Use Priceline to get a hotel in New Orleans, and enjoy a nice night in the French Quarter before heading home.

- The Kuki Side of Cruising-
A new Blog post every Wednesday
http://www.cruisemates.com/blog/author/kuki/
Old January 14th, 2004, 01:41 PM
kenya

Default Re: Re: Enough time to catch my plane?

Thanks to everyone who replied. I will be staying in NO for 2 days prior to the trip, and I think it will probably be best if we catch a later plane. I just don't want to end a relaxing trip with stress!