Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Deals. Cruise Questions and Answers! > Ask CruiseMates Staff
Register Forgot Password?

Ask CruiseMates Staff Got a question? Our staff will do its best to help.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 10th, 2004, 10:02 AM
Cruise Maniac

Default new orleans hotel

we are looking for a hotel for one night, pre-cruise, in new orleans , in november. are wanting to stay closer to the pier rather than closer to msy. shuttle from airport to hotel would be good, and even better, shuttle from hotel to pier would be great. any suggestions would be appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Old July 13th, 2004, 09:01 AM
Passenger

Default Re: new orleans hotel

We loved the Fairmont, a beautiful hotel, walk to Bourbon street, close to the port, lots of trolleys to different attractions. The restuarants in the hotel are pricey. I'm not sure if they have a shuttle, wouldn't suprise me if they did but I know that when we returned from our cruise my brothers flight didn't leave til early evening but since we had stayed there before the cruise they stored his luggage for the day so he could site see. Great hotel, great service. Our ro0m was about 110.00 for myself , my husband and our 2 kids, largs room with 2 queens. Hope this helps.
Old July 13th, 2004, 09:24 AM
ljones1

Default Re: Re: new orleans hotel

Try the Hilton at the Riverside, it is at the Dock, I don't know if they offer shuttle to and from the airport but you are right at the dock for you cruise.
Old July 13th, 2004, 11:09 AM
First Mate

Send a message via MSN to Carey Send a message via Yahoo to Carey

We stayed at the Doubletree in New Orleans when we were there for a land vacation. Its in a great location, close to the dock and Bourbon Street. We took a Super Shuttle from the aiport to the hotel - it was about 15 bucks a piece.

Old July 13th, 2004, 11:36 AM
AR

Iberville Suites on the edge of the Quarter sometimes has excellent rates. It's the all-suite country cousin to the Ritz Carlton, to which it is attached. If you're going to stay in New Orleans for a short visit, downtown is the only place that really makes sense. There are all sorts of van services from the airport, and the ship terminal is only a short cab ride away. No big deal.
Old July 13th, 2004, 01:44 PM
First Mate

Default Re: Re: new orleans hotel

We are booked at the Hilton Riverside. They don't have a shuttle to the pier. We are going to scope it our ahead of time and if it is close enough to walk (without suitcases) my daughters and I will walk it and my husband will take the taxi with the suitcases. They charge per person (from what I have been told) for the taxis.
Old July 19th, 2004, 05:31 PM
Passenger

We just stayed at Lowe's and it was great! The rooms are very nice (modern) and the staff is friendly and very helpful.

Joey