Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Deals. Cruise Questions and Answers! > Ask CruiseMates Staff
Register Forgot Password?

Ask CruiseMates Staff Got a question? Our staff will do its best to help.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 23rd, 2004, 11:35 AM
jilly

Default Do all cabins have irons?

How am I going to iron my clothes on the ship? I have so many questions and i need answers. Will I get lost on this big vessel? I will be traveling on the Golden Princess.
J
Sponsored Links
Old January 23rd, 2004, 11:54 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna
Default Re: Do all cabins have irons?

Hi Jilly,
You will find self service laundry rooms on the guest decks. There you will find irons and ironing boards, but no irons in you cabin. You may also want to pack your dress's in the plastic cleaner bags, saves on the wrinkles and I do that all the time, it really works, no ironing needed. So, give that a try.

Message Boards Moderator
Old January 23rd, 2004, 11:56 AM
First Mate

Relax!!! You will likely get a bit lost the first day or two until you acquaint yourself with the ship, but it's not like you're going to get lost and never find your way back. You'll likely make a few wrong turns but you'll be given a little map to take with you. No, you can't take an iron, nor are there irons in the room. There are laundry rooms on the ship with irons, and you can take your clothes there to iron them. Or you can pay to have them cleaned and pressed - I think it cost my friend about $20 for 4 or 5 shirts. I ironed before I left and packed carefully and my stuff did not need any further care while I was there.
Old January 23rd, 2004, 06:00 PM
Mark&Deb

No irons in the rooms on Radiance. We ironed 1st & put in garment bags. Hung in closet as soon as we got to our room. In the morning if we needed to dress nice for the nite we got it out & hung on the door by the bathroom. I think the air was humid enough & we would open our balcony door & let in the moist air - everything looked fine - never had to get anything ironed. But if you need - you have to pay for service for ironing.

Mark&Deb
Old January 23rd, 2004, 07:39 PM
cruisinKandJ

No irons in cabins. But you're gonna love the Golden Princess. We did a transatlantic on the Grand Princess, and it was one of our favorite cruises.

J.
Old January 24th, 2004, 10:02 AM
HeySailor

Have y'all seen these (fairly) new travel pouches (I got mine at The Container Store, but I bet travel stores have them, too) that let you pack 15 or 20 cotton collared shirts in a stack, then push the air out to create a compact package? It keeps things wrinkle-free *and* saves mega space in your bag. It also works for shorts, skirts and dresses, though not as well as for shirts.
Old January 24th, 2004, 04:49 PM
Mark&Deb

That sounds like a neat gadget. Does the pouch then fit in a suitcase? I'm trying to figure this out. Is it kind of like the "seal-a-meal" only for clothes somewhat?

Mark&Deb
Old January 24th, 2004, 06:00 PM
HeySailor

I haven't seen a seal-a-meal, but these pouches are about 12x18, and with 13-15 shirts in them and all the air pushed out, only about 3 inches deep. They're great space savers.
Old January 24th, 2004, 07:13 PM
Admiral

Location: Wisconsin....about 100 miles south of the Frozen Tundra and 70 miles east of Camp Randall
Send a message via AIM to Lisa Send a message via Yahoo to Lisa

Three words....Downy Wrinkle Release!

Also ironing before hand and packing with the dry cleaning bags is a great idea and it works well.

Old January 26th, 2004, 07:25 AM
jilly

Thanks guys!