Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Deals. Cruise Questions and Answers! > Ask CruiseMates Staff
Register Forgot Password?

Ask CruiseMates Staff Got a question? Our staff will do its best to help.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 25th, 2004, 10:32 PM
Passenger

Send a message via AIM to Nburwell
Default Cruiseline picks

This upcoming May, my friend and I will be going on a cruise to Bermuda. We're at wits end deciding on which cruiseline to book our cruise through. It's down to Royal Caribbean and Norweign. Now, we're 22 and 21, respectively. A lot of people I have talked to said that, for young people, Carnival is the cruiseline to go with. However, I have not heard too many good stories about people who have traveled on board Carnival, hence why our decision is between Royal Caribbean and Noweign. We're just looking to go, relax, and have a good time. Another key to this cruise is that, we'd like to be on board a cruiseline that will have a good amount of young people on board, mainly to socialize with. I'd like to hear mainly the opinions of those who have traveled with both Royal Caribbean and Noweign, and which one you'd prefer. Thank you.
Sponsored Links
Old January 26th, 2004, 05:42 AM
Admiral

Default Re: Cruiseline picks

I've not sailed NCL, but can definitely recommend Royal Caribbean for you. Another suggestion would be to find a good "Cruise Only" travel agent. They have a knack for fitting the right ship to the right people. Let us know what you decide.

RCCL Allure of the Seas - September 18, 2011
Celebrity Eclipse - February 11, 2012:
RCCL Navigator OTS - February 9, 2013
Old January 26th, 2004, 07:13 AM
Admiral

Carnival has a good product and I would recommend you reconsider them if you are looking for younger, more active, people. RCI has about the same customer make-up as Carnival. NCL is freestyle dining which might appeal to you more.

Regards,
Thomas
Old January 26th, 2004, 10:13 AM
McCall

I have done the NCL Majesty out of Boston to Bermuda several times. it is an older ship and smaller than most now but then they have to be to go to Bermuda. all the times I have been there have been Some, but Few in the age bracket you mention. I think that Carnival is still your best bet for finding people your age, though NCL will be more laid back relaxation.
Old January 26th, 2004, 08:52 PM
Passenger

Send a message via AIM to Nburwell

Thank you for the replies. Currently, my friend and I are reconsidering our decision, since the replies here have directed me to Carnival. I have read around here, especially the "Singles" section, and Carnival seems to be a big hit with the young and single crowd. So, we'll see what transpires. Thanks again for your replies!
Old January 27th, 2004, 05:15 AM
Admiral

My advice would be to stick with one of Carnival's newer ships.

RCCL Allure of the Seas - September 18, 2011
Celebrity Eclipse - February 11, 2012:
RCCL Navigator OTS - February 9, 2013
Old January 27th, 2004, 10:17 AM
Admiral

Nburwell, i think that one of the newer larger ships from Carnival would be just fine for you and your friend. There seems to be a "love-hate" relationship when it comes to Carnival. The only slight downside seems to be that Carnival tends to attract some of the "spring-breaker" crowd and they can get a bit rowdy. Just don't go during spring break, if you don't want that. Sailed on Carnival when i was younger and single and had a great time.
Old January 27th, 2004, 02:42 PM
Admiral

Look at where and when the ships dock in Bermuda. Carnival docks away from town. You should go to the Bermuda board and read reviews from Carnival pax to Bermuda last season.

RCI, Celebrity, and NCL send old ships to Bermuda.

I would choose (actually scheduled for 2 June) Radisson Seven Seas Navigator to Bermuda. Relatively new ship with only 490 pax.

"The test of a first rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in the mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function."

F Scott Fitzgerald

Silversea Silver Explorer (23nts) - Kangerlussuaq, Greenland - Nome, Alaska - Aug 14

Seven Seas Voyager (30nts) - Dubai - Cape Town - Nov 14
Old January 27th, 2004, 02:49 PM
Admiral

If you get away from thinking about Carnival as the "singles" ship and just talk about ships in terms of "fun" then Carnival is a winner. It did seem to have a younger crowd and was just absolutely a BLAST. I don't think you would be disappointed in Carnival.

Of course, it's been a looooooooooooooong time since I was single.....

dorothy

Carnival Elation
Carnival Elation March 11
Carnival Imagination Sept 07
Carniival Sensation Dec 06
RCI Sovereign of the Seas Sept 06
Carnival Miracle Sept 05
Carnival Glory Sept 04
Carnival Fantasy Jan 04
Old January 27th, 2004, 03:59 PM
Yeoman

I went on Celebrity's Horizon last May to Bermuda (the weather was wonderful), but was dissapointed on the blandness of the ship, although the dining room food was superb. I am a RCL/Celebrity fan, don't get me wrong, but I wish they had a new ship doing Bermuda.

I would consider the new Carnival ship and if I go again, I would probably choose the newest ship I could find. Radisson is nice, but might be a little pricey.

Don't worry so much about where the ship's port of call is, if it docks at the Naval shipyard area, there is a great ferry service and bus service, just buy a three-day pass (I think $28 for three days) and use it to get all over the island. It's a beautiful island and a great way to see it at it's best.

Make sure you go to Horseshoe Beach, it's fabulous. The sand is the nicest I've seen.

Enjoy Bermuda, it's a special place!
Old January 28th, 2004, 08:21 AM
Passenger

Send a message via AIM to drjacktravel

Carnival - all the way!