Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Deals. Cruise Questions and Answers! > Ask CruiseMates Staff
Register Forgot Password?

Ask CruiseMates Staff Got a question? Our staff will do its best to help.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 27th, 2004, 02:04 PM
LYN and ed

Default canadian laws

Hi ,, my huband and i are both smokers,, we are going on the ncl in may.. by the time we leave ny and drive to vancouver it will take about 6 days with stopping and looking at attractions etc.. my question is ,, how many cartons of cigarettes are we allowed to bring into canada with us.. thank you
Sponsored Links
Old January 27th, 2004, 05:13 PM
Denny

Default Re: canadian laws

Don't really know about Canadian laws, but you are allowed 1carton each to bring into the U.S.
Old January 27th, 2004, 06:15 PM
HannaS77

I suggest you download Google in keyword andwhen Google is up writing in Cana dian Customs. There is a section for visitors to Canada.

According to what I read you are limited to 200 cigarettes and 50 cigars without being charged custom fees or tax but you can bring in more,. declare it and pay the taxes and fees.

We have cruised Alaska twice a year since 1972, flying in and out of Vancouver or San Francisco and never been asked if we are carrying any tobacco products but then I cannot recall what is on the custom form you have to fillout and give to an agent upon embarking from the aircraft in Vancouver.

Have a good voyage.
Old January 27th, 2004, 07:03 PM
HannaS77

I forgot to mention that Cigarattes in Canada are very expensive, more than in the U.S. because of the high taxes on cigartettes. Alaska cigarettes are also expensive.
Suggest you buy cigarettes aboard ship where I bgelieve they are not subject to taxes.
Old January 28th, 2004, 03:51 PM
LYN and ed

Default Re: Re: canadian laws

thank you so much i will go t google.. dont want to run out of cigs we would go nuts lol. plus we are driving and will be gone a month i dont want them to take them away from us.. im glad to hear you took so many trips.. this is my first on ncl.. im kinda scared but looking forward to it.