Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Deals. Cruise Questions and Answers! > Ask CruiseMates Staff
Register Forgot Password?

Ask CruiseMates Staff Got a question? Our staff will do its best to help.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 2nd, 2004, 02:40 PM
Beginner

Default LAX to San Pedro

Does anyone know if there is towncar service from LAX to the pier at San Pedro? Wondered if there was any type of flat rate service other than SuperShuttle? Someone suggested that because of traffic delays, you never know about the price of a cab. Has anyone had experience with this? There will be four of us (2 adults & 2 kids).

Thanks,
Sandy
Sponsored Links
Old February 3rd, 2004, 09:38 AM
Administrator
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Paul Motter
Default Re: LAX to San Pedro

I do not know of a shuttle or a flat rate car. There is not that much traffic (compared to the airport). Taxis are expensive, probably $50 from downtown LA to the port. See if you can find a friend or relative to take you.

Old February 3rd, 2004, 01:14 PM
Admiral

Depending on when you get there, maybe rent a car and they will then shuttle you to San Pedro. We did it last year. Hopefully they have improved their embarkation/debarkation process as it was the worst experience we had yet.
Old February 3rd, 2004, 01:19 PM
Passenger

We just did this in October. We reserved a van from PrimeTime Shuttles. As there were eight of us, we hired a van by ourselves. No problems, they were waiting when we got our luggage and when we disembarked the ship. I think it ran $86 for the entire van without tip.

If there are just two of you, they are also waiting outside the baggage claim areas and you can speak to them in order to get a shuttle to the pier.

They were great, give them a call, or look them up on the internet.

Jo Ann
Old February 8th, 2004, 09:16 PM
paljoeysmom

My Mom and I took a cab from LAX to San Pedro at the end of October. Don't believe it when the say the traffic isn't bad. IT IS, at least on a Sunday afternoon. I live close to San Francisco so I know what a traffic jam is. The driver charged us $38 NOT INCLUDING TIP.