Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Deals. Cruise Questions and Answers! > Ask CruiseMates Staff
Register Forgot Password?

Ask CruiseMates Staff Got a question? Our staff will do its best to help.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 6th, 2004, 04:22 PM
Passenger

Default Included vs not included

My partner and I are going on the 6/11/04 sailing of the QM2 - a caribbean cruise - and I was wondering if I could get a few questions answered by some of those with a bit more recent experience. I seem to get a busy-signal everytime I try Cunard.

1. Are alcoholic beverages still extra? I have read that some cruise lines no longer charge, but wasn't sure about Cunard. If so, is that accross-the-board or are they ever included?

2. How many evenings should I be prepared to dress formally for dinner? We're in a P-1 cabin, if that makes any difference. Are the majority of the guys actually in black-tie or do the suits prevail?

Thanks for any feedback - looking forward to the trip. If anyone's planning to be on that trip as well, say hello!
Thanks,
Bill
Sponsored Links
Old February 9th, 2004, 01:30 PM
Passenger

Default Re: Included vs not included

I have sailed Cunard numerous times, and they will dress formal four out of six nights. You did not mention how long your cruise is, but if it is 7 nights you can count on at least four nights formal wear. These days a (dark) suit is seen about twice as often as black tie.

And yes, alcoholic beverages are still charged per drink, with 15% gratuity automatically added.