Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Deals. Cruise Questions and Answers! > Ask CruiseMates Staff
Register Forgot Password?

Ask CruiseMates Staff Got a question? Our staff will do its best to help.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 28th, 2004, 09:36 AM
Rightwinger

Default Good cruise for early 30's couples

Hi everyone! My wife and I along with about 5 or 6 other couples are in our early 30's. We are considering going on a cruise in early 05. Speaking for my wife and I, we have never been on a cruise before but have always wanted to go. Do you "pros" have any do's or don'ts? Speaking for myself I would like to be able to go snorkeling at some ports and we all enjoy a few drinks at night. However, we do want a nice ship so I assume we should look for a newer liner. Any tips you kind people can offer would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

BTW, any advice on destinations would be great too. We went to Aruba for our honeymoon but aside from that we haven't been anywhere in the Caribbean or otherwise. St. Lucia, St. Thomas, etc sounds interesting to me but please offer any location advice if possible. Bye!
Sponsored Links
Old February 28th, 2004, 01:24 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki
Default Re: Good cruise for early 30's couples

If you're after a more "traditional" cruise experience, with elegant surroundings, and overall good quality food, I'd check out Celebrity cruise line's Millennium class ships.

Especially if there are 5 or 6 couples with you, to sort of create your own fun, these ships could be a really nice fit.

If you prefer a bit of a livlier environment, with rock climbing walls, mini golf courses etc, but with a bit of a drop off in food quality, look at Royal Caribbeans' Radiance and Voyager Class ships.

If more night life, with lots of night club and lounge options are more important to you, take a look at Carnival's Spirit Class of ships. A little less elegant environment than the two suggested, with food at least equal to (or better than ) Royal Caribbean.

- The Kuki Side of Cruising-
A new Blog post every Wednesday
http://www.cruisemates.com/blog/author/kuki/
Old February 29th, 2004, 10:18 AM
Passenger

My wife and I are in our early 30's! We just went on the Carnival Conquest! Awesome ship. It is more "layed back", there are so many things to do or do nothing at all but enjoy the sun and fun. The ship departs from New Orleans and makes stops at Montego Bay, Jamacia, Grand Cayman, and Cozumel. If you decide to go from New Orleans just remember to take a day to see the BIG EASY! Plenty of things to do at ports.

Just get out there and enjoy your wife and friends!!! That's what it's all about!!!!!
Old February 29th, 2004, 01:55 PM
Born to Cruise

Hi all,

I concur completely with Kuki's comments.

Bon Voyage!
Old March 1st, 2004, 12:54 PM
Admiral

I totally agree also with Kuki's comments and i will add Princess to the list of nice/classy ships. Pick your itineary first - according to your interests - i would sit down and talk to a travel agent since you are first time cruisers - tell them you likes and dislikes, wants and don't wants.
some genral Points to help: Eastern= white, silky sandy beaches with turquoise waters & great shopping.
Western= more active with sting ray swims, climbing waterfalls, snorkeling, touring Mayan ruins, dolphin swims.
Southern= most diverse, tends to visit more ports of call than other routes, if you want more port day than sea days this would be a good choice
Old March 1st, 2004, 01:22 PM
HannaS77

My recommendation, if I were thirty again, based on experience cruising ,I would go with the following cruise lines, in the following order: (l). Carnival( you get the most for you money and there will be a lot of young people aboard.(2) Royal Caribbean, (3) Celebity; (4) Princess. I would avoid Holland America or Crystal. Passengers tend to be "Senior Citizens" traveling with their parents. These would be good ships for people who are over 50 years old.
Old March 1st, 2004, 03:04 PM
Yeoman

I vote for Princess, we've done two Carnivals, and one Princess, we are going next month on Princess again. Princess has great food, a little less party hardy than Carnival, nicer astmosphere and FRESH WATER pools! The cabins and public areas are elegant and we find the age mix good.
Old March 2nd, 2004, 11:27 AM
Rightwinger

WOW!! Thanks for all of the much-appreciated input from all of you good souls! This is all going to be used when we all get together in a few weeks to decide where to go and for how long.