Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Deals. Cruise Questions and Answers! > Ask CruiseMates Staff
Register Forgot Password?

Ask CruiseMates Staff Got a question? Our staff will do its best to help.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 2nd, 2004, 04:19 PM
kahliasmom

Default Suspicious about online TA got edocs and price is higher on

Thursday I booked a cruise at the last minute with an online TA. She had quoted me the best price of anyone else. When I got the bill in the mail yesterday the price was about $20 more than what she quoted because of taxes from RCI. OK. Today, I printed out my edocs as they were just emailed to me today. When I looked at what RCI says the final amount is it is $209 higher than what the online TA charged me on the bill she had sent. The amount she quoted is what is charged to my credit card thus far. The extra $209 had not been charged to my credit card yet. Also, my TA had sent me information about travel insurance and I called the company yesterday and ordered that travel insurance. Well, when I looked at my edocs I have been charged for RCI travel insurance. So right now I have two different travel insurance policies. When I called my TA she was surprised to hear that I had RCI's travel insurance. She said that that wasn't supposed to be there. I also pointed out that I am being charged over $200 more than what she quoted me and said she would look into that. She called me back about 20 minutes later, she sounded kind of apologetic and said that someone with RCI was looking into it and that she would have to get back to me. Does this sound right? Should it take time for RCI to find out why I was charged for travel insurance when my TA says she didn't order it for me and why I was charged $200 more than I was quoted and billed by TA? I know that TA's have been giving people promotional rates that they weren't qualified for. How could this TA quote me one price and then RCI charges me another? I hope that this gets resolved. I am kind of a push over and don't want to get pushy with this TA. I am hoping that she is telling me the truth, but I just don't trust her.
Sponsored Links
Old March 2nd, 2004, 04:53 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki
Default Re: Suspicious about online TA got edocs and price is higher

If the amount agreed to is what's been billed to your credit card then you should be safe. You could verify again with the credit card co. that RCI has not processed any other charges... then you should be good to go.

- The Kuki Side of Cruising-
A new Blog post every Wednesday
http://www.cruisemates.com/blog/author/kuki/
Old March 2nd, 2004, 05:04 PM
kahliasmom

Thanks that makes me feel a little better. I am really stressing over this. Probably should just relax. I did call my credit card company. They said that there is a charge of $633 by the TA but that this is probably a charge that the TA charged to make sure that she gets her $. The person I spoke to on the phone assured me that this amount should be coming off. It isn't something that has posted to my statement but rather a charge that is pending and takes away from the amount of credit I have on the card. I hope that this all works out.
Old March 2nd, 2004, 06:41 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

. I did call my credit card company. They said that there is a charge of $633 by the TA but that this is probably a charge that the TA charged to make sure that she gets her $.

This statement just set off my ALARM bells! A TA should NOT be charging ANYTHING directly to your credit card to their agency!!!! The charges should go directly to the cruise line... in this case RCI.

The agents commissons are paid by RCI, and the agents have no right at all to be using your credit card.

I would call the TA immediately and make sure these charges are REMOVED.

- The Kuki Side of Cruising-
A new Blog post every Wednesday
http://www.cruisemates.com/blog/author/kuki/
Old March 2nd, 2004, 08:04 PM
kahliasmom

Thank you for your replies. This is a nightmare. I am going to call her first thing in the a.m. So there should never be a charge to my credit card by the TA. It is not a charge that has posted to my account, but it is there just the same because that amount is deducted from my credit line. Oh man I am stressing.
Old March 2nd, 2004, 09:23 PM
Admiral

K-Mom,
Take a deep breath.....if you don't get IMMEDIATE response from your TA *and* verification from your credit card company that the charge is NOT on your card, then call your credit card company and contest the charge.

I agree it sends up red flags, but hopefully you have caught it in time. Keep us posted and everybody will be sending up good thoughts for you!

dorothy

Carnival Elation
Carnival Elation March 11
Carnival Imagination Sept 07
Carniival Sensation Dec 06
RCI Sovereign of the Seas Sept 06
Carnival Miracle Sept 05
Carnival Glory Sept 04
Carnival Fantasy Jan 04