CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Ask CruiseMates Staff (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/ask-cruisemates-staff/)
-   -   Hangers or no Hangers? (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/ask-cruisemates-staff/243234-hangers-no-hangers.html)

TyingtheKnot March 11th, 2004 12:19 PM

Hangers or no Hangers?

I was wondering in any of you seasoned cruisers could answer this question for me since I am a first time cruiser. Do the closets in the staterooms have hangers....and if so how many approximately? Should I just bring my own in my garment bag to hang extra stuff.

Thanks

TyingtheKnot

Harry Martin March 11th, 2004 12:23 PM

Re: Hangers or no Hangers?

Yep there are tons of hangers -- usually two to the plastic hanger part.

For us, we have everything drycleaned to reduce wrinkling, so we just pull 'em out of the garment bag and hang -- pretty much unpacked in 2 minutes.

Harry

dan p March 11th, 2004 12:31 PM

And if there are not enough hangers just ask your steward and they will be glad to bring you what ever you need.
As a first timer just a word ,in your room there may be soda and water ,if you drink them you pay.If you dont want them ask the steward to remove them.You can but soda or water off the ship and bring it on.

LisaK March 11th, 2004 01:17 PM

you will have plenty of hangers in the closet, if not ask your cabin steward for more. We had really nice wooden ones on Princess.

Mermaid March 11th, 2004 06:33 PM

Maybe I'm "hanger challenged", but I just don't have the patience for those two-part hangers where you have to align the orbit of the moon with the north axis of planet Earth to get your hanger thingee back into the metal thingee that stayed on the rod in the closet.

Most everything I want "hangered", I just pack that way. Get rid of those bulky two-part wooden hangers. And swoosh, hang my already hung clothes away. Done in 3 minutes.

Meri March 14th, 2004 08:23 PM

Re: Re: Hangers or no Hangers?

I read an earlier post that recommended you take hangers, as there are rarely any on the ship. I'll be travelling Carnival, please advise.

Harry Martin March 14th, 2004 10:14 PM

Meri there are tons in each cabin -- don't bring any. You can always ask the steward for more. We pack everything on dry cleaner hangers so never a problem.

Harry

BUDDY March 15th, 2004 10:48 AM

Re: Re: Hangers or no Hangers?

Andy looks like a Maltese, is he? I have a male Maltese at home named Buddy and he has an older brother Rascal who is a "Benji-type" dog. Worse part about cruising is leaving these guys behind.
Happy Cruising.....Anita

Harry Martin March 15th, 2004 12:27 PM

Anita, yep he's a maltese (see Princess board for more)

Harry